Let's Be Friends!

3rd Person POV 

Returning back to her cat form, Gato lands back on the port. (Y/N) has gotten out of the water, shaking most of the water out of her hair. 

"The unicol is already dealt with, but the river is still contaminated." Gato mentions as she couldn't see her own reflection in the water. (Y/N) stands by the port and bends down to place her hand in the water.Swishing her hand around, she closes her eyes to get a read on the water's condition. Afterwards, she opens her eyes and stands up. Her hand is on her hip as she gazes upon the murky waters. 

"The water is dirty, but it can still be saved. All I need to do is perform a purification magic Ariella taught me, and the river should be restore to its natural state." 

"The water is alive... Don't resist it, but welcome it. That's what you always say. How come?" Gato questions her partner. (Y/N) looks down at her partner. Even though they knew each other for quite some time, Gato doesn't see how (Y/N) thinks greatly of the water. 

"I lived in the water almost my whole life. All I want is to feel the water. With my skin, my eyes, and my soul ... To never doubt what it makes me feel. I believe in myself, and I only swim free."Gato stares at her with her moth slightly open. She now understands how passionate she can get. Gato smiles and turns to see the now deep blue majestic rivers. 

"You really are a hopeless romantic." 

"Shut up." 

 Your POV 

The mayor was pleased to know we completed the mission. With the rivers freed and restored, the fishes should be able to inhabit the waters again. Since we completed our very first mission, Gato and I decided to stop off at a restaurant to get something to eat. 

"I would like an order of mackerel please. And a glass of water." I told the waiter. He wrote down my order and turns to my Exceed. 

"I want a deluxe sushi platter. Hold on the wasabi." Gato cringes at the thought of wasabi. She can't even stand the green spice because it tastes like plastic. The heat does not agree with her at all. As the waiter left, Gato and I spotted familiar newcomers entering the restaurant. 

"Hey, it's (Y/N) and her partner." the rowdy blonde spoke with a huge grin. He immediately walks over to our table, placing his hands on the table. 

"Fancy meeting you guys here. What's up?" 

"We've just completed the mission with ease." I answered. I notice Rogue and their Exceed partners making their way over to us. 

"That's awesome. Rogue and I already finished our mission too. We were on our way back to the guild. How about tagging along with us? That is, after we get some grub." Sting asks. 

"Oh... uhm... are you sure that's okay with you guys?" I only ask because Rogue is not even looking at me. It's like he's ignoring me. Maybe because he is. Rogue must have gotten the message because he looks at me. 

"We're not asking you to join a mission. However, you're welcome to come with us." Rogue responds sternly. 

"Fro thinks so too." I swear, Rogue's Exceed is too adorable. It should be illegal. Maybe I should get Gato to wear a mackerel costume. 

"Now that that's settled, mind if we join you?" Not waiting for a response, he sits next to me at the booth we're currently at. He's scooting a bit closer and placing an arm around my shoulders. Perhaps he's making room for Lector, but he's making me a bit uncomfortable. 

"Stop it, Sting. You're evading her personal space." Sting lets go to look at his partner in disbelief. Rogue shuffles in the booth next to Gato. Frosh follows in tow. 

"Why? (Y/N) doesn't mind, don't cha?" Sting asks me. 

"Uhm..." my face is heating up a bit. 

"Please forgive, Sting. He's known for coming off a bit strong toward people." Lector apologizes.

"What do you know? Looks like the tom cat does have a gentleman side to him." Gato teases. Lector, looking straight at her, blushes and steam pops from his ears. 

"Hey!" 

"Your grilled mackerel and deluxe sushi platter, ladies." the waiter places our meal in front of us. Gato's mouth literally waters at the sight of the raw fish. 

"Now, what would you gentleman like to order?" the waiter asks them.The gentleman ordered their meals while Gato and I dig in our food. 

 3rd Person POV 

 The Dragon Slayers and their Exceeds finally reach the guild hall. That's when it hit (Y/N). 

"Hey Gato, we should find a hotel room around here." (Y/N) grabbed the others' attention when she spoke. 

"You guys haven't get a place to stay." he asks. (Y/N) shakes her head. 

"We were going to search for an apartment or something, but time flies by. We should have thought about that before we left for the mission." Gato admits while scratching the back of her with her gloved paw. 

"We're going into town to look for an available room to spend the night. See you later." (Y/N) waves good-bye as she runs off. Gato spreads her wings to fly side by side with (Y/N). The Twin Dragon Slayers were walking away with their Exceeds. 

"Hey Sting, Rogue, Frosh, Lector!" All of them look back to see (Y/N) stopping for a second to holler at them. "Let's be friends!" she exclaims as Gato is hovering by (Y/N)'s side with a grin. 

"And don't let the bed bugs bite. Especially you, tom cat." Gato smirks at the maroon Exceed. The two of them ran off, not noticing the confused looks the Twin Dragon Slayers and their Exceeds wore on their faces. 

'Friends? How can we have friends in a guild like Sabertooth..?' Sting and Rogue think to themselves as they stare at the newest members of Sabertooth.