Not So Bad

3rd Person POV

"Ow!" (Y/N) winces from the pain of her shoulder. Gato carefully places the bandage around her swollen area.

"Hey now, don't be a wuss. It's your fault for overtraining. And you just had to run off with that girl, roll down a cliff, get kidnapped, and cause your shoulder to become even worse. Now it's gonna take a lot longer to heal than just a few weeks." Gato scolds. (Y/N) looks away from her, feeling a bit upset. Not with her Exceed, but with herself.

Both of them are inside a doctor's office. After the trolls were dealt with and the missing girls returned home safely, the Sabertooth Dragon Slayers have completed their mission. Although, Sting and Rogue had to dry themselves off from (Y/N)'s water attack. Better to be wet than dead, (Y/N) reminds the Twin Dragon Slayers.

It was clear how swollen her shoulder has gotten due to the purplish coloring on her (s/c) skin. The doctor has offered to treat her, but Gato insisted on treating (Y/N) herself. Nonetheless, the village doctor has offered any herbal remedies necessary to them.

"Almost done with the bandage." Gato reminds her partner. Sting, Rogue, and their Exceeds came inside to see how (Y/N) was doing. They came in just when Gato finishes bandaging the swollen shoulder.

"I can't believe you would run off like that. And take the village girl with you. And why didn't you tells us about your shoulder? How are you going to compete if your injury is shown?" Sting asks her harshly. Rogue is standing there watching his tag team partner, agreeing with what he said. Same goes for Lector, but Frosh feels so sorry for (Y/N).

"I figured it was just a minor injury. I didn't expect it get this much worse. So I ignored and went with you guys." (Y/N) weakly says. She was almost on the verge of tears, but she did not want out a single drop.

"I hear from Frosh and Lector that you can use Healing Magic. They claim you use it to cure your motion sickness. Why not use it to heal your shoulder?"

"Unfortunately, I can only use one Healing Magic spell. From what Ariella told me, this type of Healing Magic is meant to help me deal with motion sickness. She was supposed to teach me more Healing Magic, but she disappeared on July 7th." Not liking what was coming out of her mouth, Rogue began to spoke.

"So you lied about be able to use Healing Magic. And now you're stuck with a major injury. How do you expect to compete in the Grand Magic Games with your condition? If Master Jiemma finds out-"

The loud squeak of the chair pushed back and footsteps approaching the Shadow Dragon Slayer were wrapped up with a sudden smack on his face.

Silence.

"Shut up! I'm going to compete in the Grand Magic Games as planned. I'll rest my shoulder until then." Rogue harshly glares at her, but she doesn't back down. Anger is winning over her compared to sadness.

"Then how are you going to work if you're not using your shoulder?" Rogue asks as he clenches his jaw.

"I'll take small jobs or jobs that do not require much of my shoulder. And I will continue to learn Healing Magic. I don't know how, but there's always something even if Ariella is not with me right now. You two don't understand because you guys butchered your own parents."

With that, (Y/N) pushes them out of the way and leaves the room. Gato calmly flies after her. The rest of them were left speechless.

"Yeah! We finally got our reward." Lector cheerfully exclaims.

"And we're heading back home too." Frosh cutely cheers along.

"I wonder what I can get with his kind of money." Lector ponders to himself.