5| *C'est la [fuckin'] vie*

Bucky was watching from above.

"Now spill~, who was that gal?" Sam asked and Bucky fought the urge to roll his eyes. This mission was starting to get better and better.

"Photographer," he answered uninterested to continue speaking about this topic.

"Yeah, yeah. You flirted with my sister, not to mention right in front of me, and now when you see another beautiful woman, who was definitely flirting with you, you are declining it...Ass."

"Let me remind you one important thing, Captain. We are on a mission...so mind your own business."

"YeH yeah, getting all protective over a bit of teasing," Bucky just had to groan internally. Sam was getting on his nerves, but this was their usual act. Annoy the living shit out of each other. Lovely.

"Chrrgch," Sam tried to continue, but the intercom started malfunctioning. Both men were now clearly alerted. However Sam's eyes started to feel way too heavy and his vision slowly got blurred. Slight feeling of nausea got to him. Until his knees were to weak and the weight of his body dropped on the floor.

All this unfortunately happened when Bucky wasn't paying his full attention to the commotion downstairs.

Intercoms don't start malfunction out of nowhere, there must be something interfering with frequencies.

"Cap?" He tried to contact his partner.

"Sam?" He tried again, but to no avail. "Fuck," he glanced at the ballroom downstairs. His eyes widened and he felt his pulse rise, adrenaline pumping in his veins. All. Fucking all. And every one of guests were on their knees with hands in the air.

He prayed this was some terrible dance move or a part of a norweigian tradition, but his prayers were not answered. Exits were being guarded by full-armed soldiers. He tried to find Sam in this madness. And he did found him.

Passed out. His body laying on the ground. With three darts in his back. So we were drugged. Definitely the same that Hans used on us earlier.

I knew something was suspicious with this mission.

Saving Sam now would be a suicide mission and Bucky knew that. At the moment, he was all alone in this big ass mansion, without the aid of anyone.

Lucky me.

bang Someone shot it the air.

"Attention! Ladies and gentlemen..." shouted a man now holding a gun near the head of the king. "If any of you will choose to be a hero, please do... I will give you truly a heroic death," he continued with a mad expression. All guests paled.

Bucky gulped, because he in fact knew that this was the worst possible scenario he thought of earlier and yet, he would never even imagine this happening.

What a life.

A loud footsteps were heard by the other end of staircase. And Bucky did the only thing, he was absolutely best in. Hide. A quick glance around the room an he found his hiding spot.

Not even a minute later, the door bursted open. Five people entered the balcony, according to the sound of footsteps.

"Where is he?!" barked one with mask. "He said he would be here, where the. fuck. is HE!" the 'boss' continued screaming. Others were searching the room, they looked behind every furniture, but they couldn't find the infamous Wintet Soldier.