1| Where the Wind Blows

<2025>

It was an early morning in Brooklyn. In one specific apartment a former soldier woke up.

5 am

Out of reflex he glanced through his surroundings, just to make sure he was right where he fell asleep. Once again, alone. It was a force of habit, truly annoying one sometimes...

He stood up from the floor, he was previously sleeping on and went to kitchen to pour himself a large cup of coffee. Five hours of good sleep is his new record.

This soldier was no other than James "Bucky" Barnes. He was able to sleep a bit more peacefully, after knowing that the shield had found it's rightful owner.

From time to time he was woken up by nightmare, but it wasn't as intense and regular as before. Unfortunately, it still left some damage.

He created his own morning routine to keep him sane. Coffee, morning news, running session, shower and then off to work. He took his mug and sat infront of the TV, turning on the news:

Breaking News:
Former prime minister Andrew McKinnon was killed in his apartment in New York. His body was found on the balcony this morn-

Bucky turned it off, he did it a lot nowadays. He wanted to have a peaceful morning with his coffee mug and not face the world full of bitterness and cruelty. Everytime, fucking everytime he see something like this is happening in the world his memories are flowing back. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

"That will be 4th murder this week and all of them were former ministers, something it's not right." And yes it was a good guess.

Around the same time on the other side of the city was a young woman walking straight away from the McKinnon crime scene. How is was possible that no-one noticed her? Simply put, she is the infamous Caligo.

Bucky put on his running shoes and tied them, took his keys from the apartment and left with the Breaking News topic on his mind.

I just need to clear my head and then have a word with Sam about this. He shrugged and closed the door behind him.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

4.30 am

Thank god, this old pervert will not step near any woman ever again.

She took the last look at the body. Examining her work. Too much blood for my taste, but the clients will be pleased.

Her dress and skin was miraculously clean of any blood. Single drop of blood on her white dress would have a disastrous consequences, that's why she tried to kill them quickly and painlessly. She was a prefectionist, meaning that for her it was utterly unacceptable.

Anyway, she was extremely trained in this type of job, so it didn't mattered. Killing this perverted imbecile, what no biggie for her. Idiot, see you in hell.

She put her nanorobotics mask, which make her look like one of his maids. She looked at her reflection, this one had an affair with him if I remember well.

"Goodbye Mr. McKinnon, it was ugh...a pleasure working for you-!" she said through a voice changer from the doorframe mimicking the voice of the maid.