Part 1

The ancient gargess watched her former castle home from a distance. Her former mate, daughter, and clan lived there. If Demona hadn't betrayed the clan by how much she hated humans, she would still be living with them. She blamed humans for the betrayal so long ago that got the rest of her clan murdered. She had held a grudge ever since.

Demona had been given a gift by the magical fae known as Puck who had granted her the ability to turn into a human during the day. Her human name was Dominque Destine. She ran a corporation called Nightstone Unlimited. She also didn't have to fear death except from a man named MacBeth because they had made a bargain a long time ago that granted them immortality, which had been for the Arch Mage's purposes. Three magical sisters had given them the immortality, even though not many had known their names. Phoebe, Selene, and Luna.

As the red-haired, blue-skinned gargess gazed at her old castle home, she was feeling lonely. She was only friends with her daughter, Angela versus the rest of the clan, which were all males. Angela was the only other female in New York, unless her cyborg sister, Coldfire came back someday, or two more females showed up out of the blue. But Demona thought her clan was the last of their kind.

At Nightstone Unlimited, the company worked entirely on genetic research, and an idea was coming to Demona's mind. She was wanting another child of her own. But she wasn't wanting to wait for the breeding season. She had talked Dr. Anton Sevarius into helping her with an experiment.

She had explained how her kind's females only went into heat every seventh year in the even years of a decade, got pregnant for six months, laid eggs, waited a decade and eggs hatched, raise hatchlings for ten years, then repeat the process over.

Sevarius was intrigued but with her idea, he had an idea that he could induce her to come into heat artificially if she wanted.

"Oh, I do want that. But I don't want a clone. I want a suitable male to father the hatchling too." Demona decreed.

"That can be arranged. You want Goliath to be the father like he is to your other child?" Anton asked.

"No! I don't want that coward to father another child of mine. One of the other males will suffice." Demona gave an evil smirk.

"But which one then?" Anton asked.

"Hmm. Broadway is already Angela's mate. Lexington is too small. Hudson is too old. Bronx is a beast. And then there's the red beaked male called Brooklyn. He's single and the clan's second in command. He's brave and smart in his ways. I know he attacks me on sight, but I think he's the perfect one to use for this. He also came close to joining my ranks once." Demona figured to the man. "Leave it to me to capture him. Then we'll begin the experiment."

The two of them had a place where they were going to keep Brooklyn while they were running the experiments.

"Are you going to want to get rid of him in the end though if the experiment proves effective?" Anton asked.

"I might want to keep him here as my little toy. I have big plans for him." Demona smiled in glee. "And you can also have some fun with him too."

Sevarius handed her a handgun loaded with darts. It sure didn't take much to make the red gargoyle go to sleep from drugs. Demona gladly took the gun with her. Now all she had to do was wait for the right moment to snag the red male. She knew that he would automatically attack her on sight and would likely follow her if she led him to the right spot. But she needed additional darts too in case he had a tagalong brother or something.

..............

Brooklyn of the Manhattan Clan had no idea what was going to be in store for him very soon. For the time being, the red male was busy doing patrols on a near nightly basis. He always went with someone else that Goliath assigned, even his leader himself.