Part 18

The next night, Brooklyn awoke feeling fully refreshed, as what he used to after a long day's sleep. It was great to feel this way.

"How're ye feeling tonight, lad?" Hudson asked.

"I feel refreshed." Brooklyn replied. He had even stretched his limbs a lot more. When he went to take a step on the injured leg, he still felt a jolt of pain in it. "My leg still hurts."

"Your leg was badly broken. It'll likely still need another day or two to be healed completely." Lex figured.

Right now, complete recovery felt like a long way off. Brooklyn just wanted limited interactions from his clan and humans because of how he had been treated for so long. He still also remembered how he felt ignored too from before his capture. He wondered how he even still fit in here in the clan other than as second in command. He felt he didn't deserve the title anymore.

The clan were all worried for Brooklyn's wellbeing. They knew he wasn't like his old self anymore. In their minds, Demona would pay for this atrocity! No matter what Brooklyn had done to her, he hadn't deserved what she or anyone else had done to harm his mind and body to make him so traumatized.

Brooklyn wanted his stone sleep outside to get extra strength back, but he didn't want to leave the castle anytime soon. He couldn't handle patrols right now. Likely, he would try to run away too. They had to keep an eye on him until he was mentally stable again.

.............

Angela felt so hurt that her mother had done such terrible things to the red male. He needed love now more than ever. She wished there was another girl for Brooklyn here in the clan. She wanted to try to talk to him to try to get him to see her as herself and not her mother.

"Broadway, I really need to talk to Brooklyn, so he doesn't see me as my mother." Angela said to her mate.

"That's fine. We all need him to see us as his clan and not enemies." Broadway agreed.

"He needs some kindness given to him to just make him feel more at ease. I promise I would never do anything to betray our relationship, but I need to try to repair my friendship with him." Angela explained.

"I understand." Broadway smiled at her, kissing her hand. She blushed.

"I knew you would understand. You are absolutely sweet." She replied. She gave him a hug and went to Brooklyn's room to try to talk to him and spend some time with him.

Lexington, Bronx, and Hudson were in Brook's room keeping him company at the moment when she knocked. "Come in." Hudson relied. Angela came in. "Oh, it is you, Lass."

"Yeah. I thought I would give you guys a break. How's he doing?" Angela asked.

"He's asleep right now. He keeps on having nightmares." Lex replied. "Wish we could take his pain away."

"I want to talk to him when he wakes up." Angela said.

"I'll leave Bronx in here with ye, Lass. Stay here, boy. Take care of him and if ye need us, just give a holler." Hudson advised. Bronx gave a responding whimper.

"It's okay, Bronx. You and I will take care of Brooklyn." Angela petted the gar dog. He licked her hand in reply. Hudson and Lexington went to go get something to eat and go talk to the others. Angela now sat down on one of the chairs in the room to await Brook's awakening.

As she watched him sleeping, he mumbled words in his sleep. His talons were clenching from remembering being tied down and helpless to defend himself. "No... please don't hurt me... let me go..." He was saying in his sleep.