Part 6

It came to pass that Brooklyn got nauseated with every meal now and he was only fed every other night. Brook didn't want to eat but he was forced to. He only had one meal on those nights.

Demona liked seeing her male in discomfort. She rather liked him that way. It was hard for him to make decisions when he felt like crap. She was feeling like she was in paradise. She had a feeling that something special was happening inside her despite her daily changes.

After a few weeks, Demona bought a pregnancy test from a store and her body had long ago adapted to being a human. She had to do things that gargoyles didn't always do. But she followed the test's instructions during the day at her home and it came back positive. Even though Anton had told her she was pregnant, she wanted to see if a pregnancy test was accurate too.

She looked hard to make sure she wasn't misreading it. Pregnant.

It made Demona smile widely. She was going to be a mother again! Brooklyn was going to be a father too, but it was something she didn't want him to know, at least not right away. It wasn't that she knew he wouldn't be a good father, it was just that how this child had been conceived was not how Brooklyn would have imagined fathering a child.

Demona was only three weeks along. It was still too early to say anything, and she wanted it to make it past a certain time before she said anything about it. She would go on as normal for now. But she wanted to give Brooklyn his next meal for a reason to go see him.

.............

Brooklyn felt so miserable being in his cell. He wanted to get air under his wings, feel the wind in his face and in his hair again. Just all over him. He was constantly bored and restless. Watching television was his only entertainment. He would lay on his new bed a lot.

He suddenly heard footsteps coming down to see him. He sat up. His nose also picked up the scent of some food. He swallowed. Right now, he felt fine. Brooklyn really wasn't in the mood for more pain.

It turned out to be Demona. "Good evening, Brooklyn. Time for you to eat again." She came down with a big grin on her face. She had a large tray of beef and noodles on a plate and some bottled water for him.

The smell was tantalizing to him, making his belly feel famished, but he knew what would happen. He put a hand over it. "What do you keep putting on my food, Demona? What are you trying to do to me? I can't even eat anymore without feeling like wanting to puke it all back up again." Brooklyn demanded sternly.

"We aren't doing anything to your food, Brooklyn. It's just normal cooked food. I ate some myself a while ago and feel fine." Demona replied. "I'm sure it's nothing."

"I don't want the food but will take the water." Brook stated. In reality, he did want it.

"You will take the food too, unless you want to be force fed again." Demona threatened him. She held up the remote. His eyes lit up and he yelped when he felt a jolt on his throat. He held it. "You are going to do as you are told. Be glad you're getting fed at all." She warned him.

"Fine." He glared at her.

She unlocked his door and put the tray on the table in there for him. Then she left him to it but sat down on the stairs. "I'm not leaving until I see you finish up your meal." Demona said.

"Demona, what is it you want with me? Are you just wanting to torture me for all those times I attacked you or something?" Brook demanded. "Can't you just let me go?"

"No. I have you here for a purpose and it may still be a while until I tell you." Demona replied.

"Or are you going to rape me again?"