Chapter 7: Adventure's End

AN:

I saw that A Fruitless Start was mentioned in a comment and it made me remember, that story was where the idea for this story kind of bloomed in the first place. I had almost forgotten that I'd read it until I read the comment, so thank you for reminding me and I hope you enjoy reading my story as much as you did that one. If not well... RIP.

I also saw a comment about Observation Haki and I don't want to spoil anything, but it's coming. It might be a second but it's coming I promise. I want Luffy's growth to be gradual so it's more fun to read about. As much as I love reading about Luffy overpowering everyone in a story right out of the gate, it's hard for me to write like that. So be patient and I will try to make it worthwhile.

That all being said, here's Chapter 7. I had fun with this one. Would love to hear what you think.

---

Chapter 7: Adventure's End

Nami watched the scene before her in morbid fascination. It just couldn't be real. Her whole worldview had been shattered in the span of a couple of hours. First, she had come to the cave thinking she was going to be stealing from a PERSON. Nope. It turned out to be a giant wolf. A giant wolf that had tried to eat her. Her legs shook slightly at the thought, the fear still present in the back of her mind.

If the wolf wasn't enough, the green-haired guy that saved her had turned out to be a maniac. He just went straight back out to fight the massive thing! And just when she thought it couldn't get any crazier, he started shooting stuff out of his sword and moving faster than she could see. That kind of stuff wasn't supposed to be possible!

Now she sat at the tree line watching yet another spectacle that by all means should have been an impossibility. The perverted boy she'd met hours ago was flying around throwing punches like he had a cannon attached to his arm! How was he that strong?! He didn't look like he should be able to do something like that! At the time, she had only asked him to team up because she wanted someone to distract the Forest Lord, she never expected it to turn out the way it had!

The girl tore her eyes away from the battle and slapped her cheeks. As much as she wanted to keep watching the boy and the wolf, she knew she wouldn't get a better chance to try and nab the treasure in the cave. Nami took a deep breath, glancing at the two monsters still locked in combat, before bolting in the direction of the cave entrance. She had to move quickly, she didn't know how much longer the fight between the straw-hatted boy and the wolf would last.

The mouth of the cave came into sight and she pumped her legs as fast as she could until she could almost see inside. She was going to make it! However, her celebration was cut short. Just when she went to approach the entrance, and get a look at what the huge monster was guarding, she was distracted.

"ALRIGHT FOREST GUY! THIS ONE'S FOR HURTING MY FRIEND!".

Nami turned just in time to watch the black-haired boy streak through the air and blast the gigantic wolf straight into the ground. A massive boom shook the area and the girl's jaw hit the floor, the ground rumbling beneath her feet.

As she eyed the cloud of dust the impact created, Nami couldn't help but think out loud, "Just who the hell are these guys?!". Shaking her head in exasperation, the girl quickly turned to get back to her original goal. Now that the Lord of the Forest was dealt with, there was nothing stopping her from taking the treasure. She could think about the world-shattering stuff later. Money came first.

Her body fully rotated and she took a step forward. As she did, it felt like she stepped through a film of mist. She turned around to inspect the area but could find nothing that would have given her that feeling, just empty space. In her fixation with the air, the girl failed to notice that a shadow had fallen over her. A rather large one.