Chapter 11: Survival

AN:

Not gonna lie I agonized over this one a little bit. I just really wanted to get the feel of it right and I'm still not completely sure I did. It'll make sense when you read it. I would love to hear what you guys think of this one. I imagine some of you will want to kill me. :)

Without further ado, here's Chapter 11. Enjoy.

---

Chapter 11: Survival

"And what might we have here, I wonder?", questioned the spectacled butler from his place at the open door.

The tall man had a square head that tapered down into a pointed chin. He wore glasses, slicked-back short black hair, and a black suit jacket. A similarly colored pair of pants hung over a pair of grey and black striped boots. Four golden buttons lay on either side of the jacket flaps, two on the top and two on the bottom. In the middle of them, on both sides, was a golden symbol shaped like three stacked ovals, each getting smaller from the bottom, with a hook on top. A white shirt with a curious collar, spiral-like protrusions on its edges, and a black tie lay underneath the jacket, a dark leather belt with a gold buckle around his waist.

"Khlahadore! You should knock before barging into a girl's room!", chastised Kaya.

Zoro, Luffy, and Usopp paused in their conversation about Shanks and Usopp's dad after hearing the door open on the other side of the room, all turning in the direction of the voice.

Usopp paled. It was him, the butler that didn't like him. Like at all. He hid behind Zoro's larger form as said butler scanned the room of its occupants.

"What the hell are you doing, Usopp?", Zoro asked over his shoulder. He didn't want to take his eyes off the guy that walked through the door. He gave the swordsman a weird feeling. Had he seen his face somewhere before?

"Hey, guy! Who're you?", asked Luffy, standing up to approach Kaya and Nami. He was having a really good conversation with Zoro and Usopp and the butler went and ruined it!

"Someone who is allowed to be here.", the man said with a scowl, pushing his glasses up with the palm of his hand rather than his fingers. "As opposed to someone who is not.", he finished, giving Luffy a harsh stare from underneath his now-adjusted spectacles.

"Khlahadore! You shouldn't talk to a guest like that.", exclaimed Kaya. Khlahadore was being very rude. She'd never seen him like that before.

"But Miss, they did not come through the front door, so how could they be guests?", the man called Khlahadore questioned.

Kaya almost backed down but the thought of her conversation with Nami spurred her into action. She'd really enjoyed talking with the orange-haired girl, even though it was short. She wanted to talk to her more. She wanted to talk to Usopp and Zoro and Luffy. They were staying. She'd made up her mind. "Khlahadore, I wish to speak with you outside.", the blonde-haired girl said with no room for argument, ending the conversation and approaching her butler.

The man sighed and obliged by his master's command, turning and following her retreating figure out of the door and shutting it behind him.

Nami turned to the three remaining occupants of the room. "Anyone else get weird vibes from that guy?", she asked. He just felt kind of... greasy, in her opinion.

"You're on a roll today, Witch. I'm with her.", said Zoro, walking to stand by the window sill and uncovering Usopp's smaller form.

Nami glared at the, once again, smirking swordsman for what felt like the millionth time that day.