Chapter 21: The Treasure of Dreams

AN:

This was a fun chapter to write as most are these days. Just kind of trying to wrap things up here so we can move on to bigger and better parts of the story. Again, another slow one but I hope you guys enjoy it anyways. As always, I love reading the comments you guys leave and I very much appreciate the likes and follows.

Also, I've noticed that my chapters are getting longer and it's not really on purpose so I hope you guys don't mind too much. Lol.

Enough chit-chat. Here's Chapter 21. Hope you guys like it and always feel free to let me know even if you didn't. :)

---

Chapter 21: The Treasure of Dreams

"How the hell are we even supposed to open this without the key?", Carina asked, examining the cage filled with gold.

Nami and Sanji stood next to her as the three tried to figure out what to do.

Zoro was still on Mad Treasure's ship, unconscious. The wound in his side had been rather serious and it'd taken longer than Carina would have liked to stitch him up. She'd stitched up the other two, as well, and wrapped Nami in so much gauze she looked like a mummy. Overkill? Maybe, but she wasn't taking any chances. The orangette probably shouldn't have been walking on her injured foot but, regardless of what she said, the girl just wouldn't stay put... She couldn't do anything for Sanji's bloody clothes but he didn't have anything else to wear, so, he wore his dyed-red undershirt open and showing his muscular wrapped chest underneath. He still had on his shredded black slacks as well.

A groan came from the boy lying in the cage, "I don't know! I can't even break the stupid bars! And I'm really strong!".

Carina scoffed turning her head to the orangette at her side, looking for confirmation of the claim, and found the space empty.

"I don't care how! Someone get this damn cage open!", desperately yelled Nami, berri symbols in her eyes as she scrambled to reach through the stone bars and get her paws on all the gold sitting behind them.

"No treasure until I'm out!", Luffy yelled softly slapping at the orange-haired girl's reaching arms. He would do literally ANYTHING to get out of the cage. Even keep treasure away from his pretty friend.

"LUFFY! SHOVEL IT THROUGH THE BARS! NOW!", the orangette frantically begged. There was so much. It had to be more than enough...

The straw-hatted boy stood his ground, crossing his arms and turning away from her, "No! I want out!".

"LUFFY! STOP BEING AN IDIOT!", Nami screamed, "GIMME THAT DAMN TREASURE!".

"NO!", the boy screamed back.

Sanji looked over at Carina while they listened to the two scream at each other. "Should we do something?", he asked. He'd never seen Nami like this before...

The violette shrugged. Unless they found the key somewhere, they weren't getting inside the cage and if that was the case, it looked like they weren't getting the treasure either. It didn't help that she had no idea where it could be. She assumed Mad Treasure had it but... With his body 'exploded', as Luffy so elegantly put it, she had no idea what may have happened to it.

"SHUT! THE HELL! UP!", an angry voice echoed through the large space.

The yelling stopped as all heads turned to the gem-encrusted boat at the end of the dock.

Zoro huffed angrily, slowly hobbling his way out of the doctor's quarters and shoving his katanas into his belly warmer. He held his new sword in his hands, deciding what to do with it before shrugging and sliding it into his haramaki beside the other two like he had. He'd look for the blade's sheath after they got Luffy out of the cage but he wasn't too worried. If he couldn't find it, he'd just carry the sword without one. It would mean he'd need to care for it more often than the others but he didn't mind. He enjoyed caring for his katanas.