Chapter 14: Good Soup

AN:

I'm back with chapter 14!

First off I want to say sorry to everyone! I saw a comment about the chapter updates notifying you and I know that it's probably annoying. As I said before, I am always updating chapters so you will still get some notifications but I'm really trying to cut back, I swear!

Anyways, there isn't much to say about this chapter. It's mostly character building and I won't lie, I got a little carried away with some parts of it, lol. It will probably make sense when you read it. Expect some updates on this chapter in the coming days, I always like to read through it and change small things so hopefully you guys aren't too bothered by that. I know you guys are missing the action and it's coming soon I promise. Once we finish here... Well, I'll let you guess where we are headed next. As always free to leave a comment!

Without further ado, here's Chapter 14. :)

---

Chapter 14: Good Soup

"Like this?", said Luffy, blankly looking at Zoro and Sanji and smashing the door against the entrance.

"NO! DON'T FORCE IT LIKE THAT YOU'RE GONNA BREAK THE DOOR IN HALF!", the two boys screamed simultaneously. "FLIP IT AROUND! DON'T JUST KEEP TRYING TO FORCE IT IN!".

"You said to force it in?", Luffy asked turning toward the door and the entrance. He didn't think it would work but they said to do it so... Heave ho!

The sound of the door spitting it half echoed through the restaurant and the other patrons couldn't help but watch the spectacle in shock. He had just forced the door through the entrance... The wrong way!

Luffy looked between the piece of door he held in his hands and the two other pieces on the ground. Looked like he was right. He knew it wouldn't work! A groan came from the ground in front of him and he looked down to see a person crawling toward the entrance of the restaurant. The man didn't look great, his eyes were bloodshot and his skin was pale.

"What the hell, Luffy!", Sanji's voice came from the entrance behind the boy, "You broke the damn door! We said DON'T for...". He halted in his tirade as his eyes landed on a figure crawling on the dock of the Baratie.

Zoro stayed quiet, eyeing the crawling bag of bones as he walked past Sanji to stand beside Luffy. What? It was an apt description!

He was a middle-aged man with black hair and a scruffy beard. His body was small and his clothes were in tatters. He only had on a pair of ripped black trousers and a similarly ripped white tank top. He looked unharmed for the most part other than his emaciated body, which was more than likely from lack of food. "Please.", the man begged, "I don't have any money but I'm starving.". A coughing fit overtook him and he waited a moment for it to subside. "Please.", the man continued, "It feels like I'm dying.".

Sanji softly shouldered past Luffy and Zoro to kneel before the man on the ground. "Can you make it to the back of the restaurant?", he asked softly, "If you can, I can promise you something delicious to eat. Free of charge.". He smiled a comforting smile, "No one deserves to know what it feels like to starve.".

Luffy and Zoro's eyes widened slightly at the blond's words as they both came to the same startling realization. For him to be able to say that...

The man on the ground sniffled as his eyes began to water, "Thank you, young man. Thank you so much.", he cried. "I believe I can make it to the back on my own.", he groaned, beginning to crawl once again.

Sanji turned and the two boys eyed him as he walked toward them. They glanced at each other as he passed and the same thought went through their heads. There was a lot more to the chef than met the eye.