Chapter 48: Whiskey Peak

AN:

Back with another one, finally. lol. I probably rewrote this chapter from top to bottom like four or five times before I was happy with it which is why it took so long. I hate to keep you guys waiting but I really want to be happy with something before I put it out, so thank you all for patiently waiting.

I saw a couple of comments I wanted to address so as always if you don't care you can go ahead and jump into the chapter. Happy reading!

There was a mention of Luffy's bounty being higher and the only real reason why it wasn't is because Robin's bounty is 79.000.000. I think my reasoning for this is because of Robin, at this moment in time, is still more of a threat to the World Government than Luffy is. To simplify it, what happened during the void century becoming public vs. the knowledge of haki becoming public. But I will say this, at first it was going to be around the number they mentioned which was 85.000.000.

I had a question about why Luffy has two names on his bounty and, if I'm being honest, I just like the way it sounds. I definitely probably could have gone with Straw Hat Monkey D. Luffy or Monkey D. Luffy: The Black Fist, but I thought it just sounded better combined, lol.

Another comment was about Zoro and Usopp not having bounties and I really think I could have gone either way on this one as Zoro and Usopp weren't really in the limelight after their bounty-hunting stent. I will say, it does make sense and feel like I could have made that work, but I've got some other plans for them so hopefully those pan out the way I want them to.

Also, for those of you wanting to see Levi do some growing, I've got some ideas for that so I'll try not to keep you waiting too long.

As always, I really appreciate you guys sticking around with me and I love all the support. I read each and every one of the comments good or bad so feel free to let me know what you think. Hopefully, I won't have as much trouble with this next chapter, lol. Hope you enjoy it!

---

Chapter 48: Whiskey Peak

"Woah!", Luffy yelled joyously, turning to his friends scattered throughout the deck, "Guys, look at how big those cactuses are!". He turned back and stared at their first destination in excitement, anticipation rising the closer they sailed.

"Don't see that every day.", Zoro mused as he stepped up to the front deck, Nami, Usopp, and Sanji on his tail. He stopped behind where his captain was sitting and the others filed in beside him, the crew all gazing in wonder at the numerous cacti that could have been mistaken for mountains they were so large.

Usopp stared at the approaching island in shock, "The Grand Line really is a crazy place...". He shook his head and rubbed his finger underneath his long nose, a facade of confidence taking over his face, "Nothing the brave Captain Usopp can't handle, though.".

Nami pulled her gaze away from their destination and looked at the boy skeptically, sweat dripping from her brow. He'd been sulking about Luffy's bounty until they caught sight of the island... He hadn't sounded very brave then... She went to comment but stopped herself when two loud thumps sounded from the starboard side of the ship.

"You have our thanks for seeing us safely back home.", Ms. Wednesday announced as she stood on the railing next to her partner, "You shall be hailed as heroes upon your arrival and will receive a reward fitting of the title.". She looked back at the group gathered on the front deck and her eyes zeroed in on the captain of the pirate crew, memories shifting back to only hours earlier.

"LEVI! LOOK!", Luffy screamed, rushing toward the prow of the Merry. He held the piece of paper in his hands out in front of him before leaping off the ship's wood and over its front railing, grinning at his friend's head poking out of the water down below, "IT'S MY BOUNTY POSTER!".