Chapter 25: Romance Dawn

AN:

I was very eager to get this chapter out. I just still can't believe we made it! Honestly, it's a pretty standard chapter but I enjoyed writing it so I hope you guys enjoy it.

I had a couple of questions in the comments I wanted to address. One was about Luffy and if he'll have a harem. My answer is I honestly don't know. Lol. I would say that that picture in my head I have for Luffy's relationships with women is something similar to Asta from Black Clover if that makes sense. I'm not saying it will always be like that but this is as good of an answer as I can give right now.

The other question was if Nami would be hiring Merry's Terrible Trio to take care of Arlong. Honestly, I really liked the idea and it's probably better than what I have planned. However, I do have something planned for that part of the story. I really loved the suggestion though and would loved to hear more from you guys.

As always let me know what you think.

Enough from me, here it is. Our Romance Dawn.

---

Chapter 25: Romance Dawn

Makino stood next to the mayor of the village with a large smile on her face as they both watched the lamb-headed ship sail out to sea. "So, he's finally doing it... I'll miss that little rascal.", she looked over at the short man beside her and sent him a smirk, "Just like his brother, amiright, Mr. Mayor?".

"Don't even get me started on Ace, Makino.", the man replied grouchily, watching the vessel disappear in the distance. "If he becomes even half the pirate his brother is...", he turned his back to the sea, beginning to walk back toward town, "He'll bring even more shame to this village.".

The green-haired woman watched the mayor leave in amusement, before turning back to the sea and smiling. "Be safe, Luffy.", she whispered to no one in particular. Once the words left her mouth, she held her gaze until the vessel faded from her sight before turning away and following the mayor back into town with a soft smile on her face.

---

Luffy stood on the figurehead of the Going Merry with a massive smile, a loop of rope resting firmly in his hands as Levi pulled him on his first-ever voyage as a pirate.

The now seventeen-year-old boy had changed much since he and Levi had set out on that day almost a year ago. He stood at a height of five foot eight and it looked like he would continue to grow in the future.

He'd shed some of the youngness in his face and his body had filled out a bit more making him seem a little older than he had back then. The muscles showing on his figure had also grown as well and were slightly bigger, looking a little more defined. The lankiness of his form had all but disappeared and he really just looked lean and built, now. He probably even looked a little older than his actual age.

His outfit was almost the exact same, the only changes to it being the pants and a small adjustment to his red vest. Instead of the usual shorts, he now wore a pair of loose-fitting jeans that cut off just below the middle of his shin bone. Around the bottoms of the jeans, the fabric was frayed making it look white and fluffy. The change to his vest was in the form of a high collar wrapping around his neck instead of the fabric laying flat like it used to. Everything else was the same as he usually had it.

In regards to strength, Luffy had grown by leaps and bounds. His punches were literally as strong as pistols, now. Plus, he'd learned how to find cores a little better. He still didn't think he'd even really scratched the surface of what he could do with his Sun Palm but he could at least use it consistently now.