4. Alpha Trion Protocols

Rain falls. Ultra Magnus is still shackled. This means it must be time to honor the memory of Alpha Trion, and his teachings.

Nope! Megatron kills Magnus for tricking him. Bad move. Meanwhile, Bumblebee is hit by an energy beam and knocked unconscious. Elsewhere, Bumblebee wakes up and meets God. Wait, that ain't God, it's Alpha Trion! But, what does he want?

Meanwhile, Optimus gets word of Magnus' passing, which means the Alpha Trion Protocols are activated. Even Ratchet and Impactor can't believe how Megatron abandoned the virtues they once fought for. Well, guess we gotta prepare the Ark for launch.

Mirage's team hides from patrolling Seekers as Impactor gives them their timetable: they only have 20 astro-cycles to repair the space bridge before Decepticon forces return. But won't that take long? They work quickly, with Chromia and Sideswipe surveying the area for Seekers. Unfortunately, a patrol returns ahead of schedule and attacks the team. Impactor shields Ratchet from attack while Chromia returns fire, shooting the Seekers down. Mirage and Sideswipe go make sure the Seekers are no longer a threat while Impactor and Ratchet return to work, anticipating another wave of Seekers very soon.

At Decepticon headquarters, Starscream promises that Jetfire is dead, and Megatron promotes him to Commander of the Seekers despite his uncontrollable ambition. Barricade, Soundwave, and Shockwave endure Starscream's grandiose acceptance speech.

Soundwave: "Most inferior."

Come on, at least he tried!

Meanwhile, Prime journeys to the location of the Guardians and tells them the news of Magnus's death at Megatron's hand. He wonders if the Alpha Trion protocols have transferred into a Guardian, but even if not, he requests their aid against Megatron, who seeks to reformat all non-Decepticons on Cybertron. That should work if they'd agree, but no. They just up and left him without any reason why! Not cool! Optimus returns to the Ark to deliver the disappointing news to Elita and is stricken with a bout of guilt for keeping the war going for so long, but Wheeljack remains in high spirits, promising to get the Ark online.

Then, Bumblebee shows up and wants to know who Alpha Trion is, and that's when Prime realizes that Bumblebee has been chosen by the Alpha Trion protocols. Does this mean Bumblebee's a guardian? Bumblebee is suddenly pulled within the depths of his mind, reaching a surreal landscape, and before him emerges a figure infused with light and energy. He learns that this is only a simulacrum of Alpha Trion, who explains the protocols are a collection of wisdom that protects the Autobots in times of crisis.

Then, one long visit from Alpha Trion, Bumblebee and Prime are interrupted by an intruder alert. Prowl, Ironhide, and Hound discover that the intruder is a wounded Jetfire, who has come to join them!

Wait, seriously?