8. Menacing Mercenaries

Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Cybertron Ship Ark. Its current mission: To explore a strange new world, to seek out a new way to end the war between Autobots and Decepticons, and to boldly go where no Transformer has gone before.

But before that, the Autobots get captured by the Mercenaries, mainly Doubledealer, while Elita-1 and her team get captured by the Decepticons.

Then, the Autobots and the Mercenaries meet with the Quintesson Judge, Deeseus. Only Doubledealer and Prime are allowed to hold an audience with Deseeus, who tells Prime that it was Deseeus himself that freed ancient Cybertronians from the protracted cruelty of the Quintesson Empire, declaring himself "Deseeus the Renegade, Breaker of Shackles". Deseeus claims that he gave the Cybertronians the ability to transform their destinies; Prime counters by saying only the Allspark grants them the ability to transform. Doubledealer grows tired of the arguing between Prime and Deseeus (as well as among Deseeus's own faces) and only wants his Energon payment. As Prime wonders why their so-called "Breaker of Shackles" has them all shackled, Deseeus requires something from the Autobots, but cannot reach a consensus on what that actually is.

But, wait. Who's following them?