5. System Failure

Sad news, Ultra Magnus is dead. But at least Shockwave has the data that his signal transmitted a protocol that can change Cybertron for the better, or worse.

Meanwhile, Jetfire's interrogation begins, but what they heard about was Magnus' fate at the hands of the 'Cons and he decided to defect to the Autobots.

Then, Cog, Wheeljack, and Bee discover the Alpha Trion Protocols, including a map that can work in their favor. Jetfire knows that the Allspark was located in the Sea of Rust, a place in which no Transformer survives there.

Then, as Ratchet and Impactor finish the Space bridge repairs, Mirage sees a bunch of Seekers and hides the Bridge so they won't find out.

This is Jetfire's first (but possibly, last) mission with the Autobots, so he has to be trustworthy to help them. Then, Bumblebee and the gang suggest taking the Energon from a member of the Mercenaries, Soundblaster. Careful not to offend him by calling him a failed Soundwave clone, Bumblebee offers him Energon, and they are allowed to go to the receiving area. There, they see more than enough of it to power the Ark.

Nope, that was a trick by Soundblaster to keep them hostage for a bunch of Energon Cubes. As if things weren't bad enough, Autobot outposts across the planet are suffering total system failures. What she doesn't know is that the failures are being caused by Shockwave's virus, which has nearly disabled the entire planet's infrastructure. Before all communication breaks down, Elita orders all other outpost teams to report to the Ark. But, where's Prime when she needs him?!

Speaking of Prime, he and his team arrive at the inhospitable Sea of Rust. Let's hope they avoid the lightning, though. Or metallic vortexes. And, don't get me started on the undead, Sparkless zombies that tear you apart the first chance they get!

Meanwhile, Megatron is on the verge of triumph: Shockwave reports the detection of the defenseless Autobot Command at last, and Starscream has discovered increased Autobot activity near a space bridge. He orders his lieutenants to assemble all Decepticons and will personally lead an assault to crush the Autobot resistance once and for all!

Yep, they're screwed.