𝔚𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔰 𝔬𝔣 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Telephones - Vacations

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

2:00 ———|———— -3:32

𝐼 𝓌𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝐼 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊

𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒶 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝑒

𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝐼 𝑔𝑜

𝒴𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒷𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The early morning sunlight streamed through the windows of the ShoreBreak Surf Shop, casting a golden glow over the neatly arranged boards and beach gear. Isla stood by the entrance, clad in her coral rash guard and denim shorts.

She had volunteered to teach kids surfing as part of her summer activities, much to her parents' dismay, who preferred she spend more time on academics. However, they had agreed since it would bolster her college application.

Lately, though, Isla's spirits had been low ever since talking with Rafe on the beach. The ocean, with its wild waves, was her sanctuary, the only place she could escape her worries, even if just for a bit.

As Isla hoisted her surfboard onto her arm, a voice called out, snapping her back to reality. "Hey, Isla, right?"

"Yeah," she replied, tilting her head, waiting for this Max guy to introduce himself.

"I'm Max," he said with a grin, leaning against the doorway like he owned the place. At 6'1" with a laid-back swagger, his sun-kissed skin told tales of endless days soaking up the Outer Banks sun.

It was Max's contrasting dark hair against his tan that caught Isla's eye, along with those hazel eyes that seemed to hide a world of secrets behind their mischievous sparkle.

"Max Garcia?" Isla raised an impressed eyebrow. He was the local surf champion, his parents owned the surf shop but over all her years of hanging out at there - they'd never met.

Isla's surprise was evident in her tone. "I didn't realize you were part of the volunteer program too."

Max chuckled, adjusting his board with ease. "I'm here most days in the summer helping out, y'know when I'm not in the water. Surprised we haven't crossed paths before."

Isla nodded, a faint smile tugging at her lips. "I guess our schedules never aligned. I've always loved this shop."

Max's gaze softened with genuine interest. "We've got a great group of kids coming in today. I'm sure they'll love learning from you."

Out on the sand, Max and Isla found themselves surrounded by excited kids eager to learn the ways of the waves. Max, in his board shorts, revealing his toned physique took charge, his easy smile putting everyone at ease.

"Okay, gang, let's start with the basics," Max called out over the waves. "Surfing's all about balance and feeling the rhythm of the ocean."

Meanwhile, Isla guided her own group of kids through the sandy warm-ups.

During a break, Max sauntered over to Isla, a mischievous glint in his eye. "You're a natural, Isla. Doesn't hurt that you're pretty too."

Isla blushed, shooting him a playful grin. "Smooth, Max. Trying to distract me from teaching?"