𝔖𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔤𝔞𝔷𝔦𝔫𝔤

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : supernatural - Ariana Grande

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

0:30 ———|———— -2:43

𝒩𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓊𝓅 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎

𝐿𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

With a tap at her window of pebbles against her window, Isla slipped out of her bed her alarm clock blaring 11:59PM. "Hey baby." He whispered up at her.

"You're early," she teased climbing down the trellis on the side of her house. 

Rafe took her by the waist spinning her, "I'm impatient." Rafe smirked, grabbing her hand and rushing her to his car in the driveway down the street. 

Shutting the car door for her, she sat down flipping her hair back behind her ears. "Hi." She beamed, leaning her head back on his head rest. Admiring the look of her boy in the starlight. "How was your day?" 

Rafe brushed her cheek with his thumb, silencing her with a kiss. "Let's forget all of that." He grinned. 

Driving up to the lookout, Isla played with the cuffs of his jacket. "Did you see your dad?" She asked. 

"Isla," she watched his hand tighten around the wheel, "I don't want to talk about that, c'mon." He turned to her.

"Yeah," she nodded, "sure." She took his hand, as he bought the back of hers to his lips brushing her knuckles with lazy kisses as he drove. 

"I'm sorry," he broke the silence after a second, "for snapping. I just, it's like I'm suffocating in that house and I just," Rafe looked at her, how her eyes dazzled like the lake in the moonshine, "I just want to be here, with you." 

Isla nodded, understanding him like he were an extension of her own soul. "I get it," she assured him, noticing how his brow was still frozen in a furrow. 

"I'm going to speak to your father tomorrow." He said as they pulled up, taking out a blanket from his backseat and handing it to her, lifting her up onto the hood of his car. 

"Good luck." Isla teased.

"Hey, c'mon, you've got to give me some pointers." Rafe smiled, laying back with his head in his hand. Knowing that, even though her parents were her biggest critics that was exactly why she cared the most about what they had to say. He himself, was the same way. 

Isla had always been a daddy's girl, he remembered back to spotting her, waiting for her father to come home from work on the front step. She'd be sat with strawberry milk, trying to find games to pass the time with, but no one to play with. Sometimes, he'd go out with Kelce on their bikes and by the time they'd get back, she would still be waiting for her dad. 

"I don't know," Isla turned, laying her head on his chest, "we don't really spend any time together anymore." She drew circles and stars into his sternum. 

Rafe looked down at the golden stream of hair falling over him, like strands of silver and tinsel. "Fathers are the worst." He quipped. 

Isla laughed, the smallness of its resonance paining, "yeah, but I'm not sure mothers are any better."

"Parents are the worst." Rafe corrected himself. 

"Exactly." Isla agreed.

They lay in silence, for a little while, and with her eyes full of stars she pretended they were back at the cabin. Where everything made sense, she wished to them. Rafe rested a hand on her hip as he look up to the constellations, imagining what the future might hold.