𝔄 𝔐𝔦𝔡𝔰𝔲𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔢𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔱

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : New Girl - FINNEAS

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

1:15 ———|———— -3:01

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒?

𝒮𝓉𝒾𝒸𝓀 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝑜𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒶𝓉𝓉𝑜𝑜?

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎, 𝓂𝓎 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁?

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The gentle sway of the boat matched the rhythm of the evening waves as they glided over the tranquil waters off the Outer Banks. Isla leaned against the railing, her gaze lost in the horizon.

Isla couldn't help stealing glances at Rafe, her cheeks still flushed from their stolen kiss earlier. The memory of his lips against hers lingering, a sweet and forbidden secret. Each stolen glance felt like a whispered promise of something more.

Rafe, seated across from her, was equally unable to tear his gaze away. His eyes, felt like the sun was kissing her skin, but as he downed his beer she turned away. They both knew they couldn't let their friends catch on to the newfound tension between them, not yet at least. Not with everything he had just said. What did he mean protect her from his family? She knew the Camerons better than her own parents, she thought, half the time. How could they - why would they hurt her?

Dean, Sarah, Kelce, and Wheezie were engrossed in a lively conversation about their upcoming summer plans, unaware of the silent exchange happening between Isla and Rafe.

Isla's heart raced with every stolen glance, it was as if they existed in their own little world, right before everyone's eyes and yet nobody could see.

"You okay babe?" Dean leant in her ear to whisper.

"Just taking in the summer," she replied quickly, trying her best to seem unaltered. But how could she be, when everything had changed? He wanted her. Rafe Cameron, wanted her...

Rafe, catching her eye again, with subtle nod, a silent reassurance.

For now, they would have to hold onto their secret, savouring the forbidden sweetness of their stolen moments on the boat's gentle sway.

Back at Isla's, Dean and Sarah were helping each other get ready for the annual Midsummer party at the country club, with their parents still away they rushed around the house replacing her mothers beloved Grey Goose vodka with water as they threw around dresses and clothes trying to find outfits.

Of course, Isla's mother had her dress steamed and pressed ready in a dry cleaning bag in her closet, but opening the bag to the sickly-sweet pink dress they burst out laughing.

"Did she want you to look like a cupcake?" Dean croaked, chewing his straw.

Isla cringed and hung the dress back up. "Probably, oh god - I can't wear that."

"What about this?" Sarah called out, holding up a red long satin dress with a high-thigh slit and cowl neckline.

"That dark red wine colour against your tan will look incredible." Dean grinned, nodding feverishly in agreement like an over excited puppy.

"It's perfect." Isla breathed. "Will you guys help me get ready? How should I do my hair?" She chewed her lip.

"Stop don't do that!" Dean urged, "you don't want to chap your lips, especially if Max is going..." He sent a wink.