𝙱𝙾𝙽𝚄𝚂

𝙱𝙾𝙽𝚄𝚂:

Aries leisurely reclined against the plush headboard of his bed, his gaze fixed on the erratic pacing of Dennis within the confines of the room. The older man was deep in a frenzied monologue, words spewing forth in a rapid stream that barely registered with Aries. Nonchalantly, Aries reached for one of the myriad pillows scattered across his bed, a testament to Estella's unyielding desire for comfort.

Surveying the array of cushions surrounding him, Aries mused about the whimsical notion that his bed had transformed into a veritable jungle of pillows, all in deference to Estella's insatiable need for things to be 'comfortable' and 'comfy.' Without a moment's hesitation, Aries launched the pillow with unerring accuracy, striking Dennis square on the head. The impact prompted an indignant reaction from the older man, who shot Aries a glare tinged with anger.

Shrugging nonchalantly, Aries quipped, "What's with all the pacing? It's making me nauseous, and I barely caught a word of your rambling." Dennis, now composed after his momentary outburst, sighed in acknowledgment of the absurdity of his previous rant. Moments away from making a hasty exit, he paused when Aries unexpectedly broached a different topic.

"You had a one-night stand with Iphigenia, so what?" Aries nonchalantly tossed out the revelation, causing a visible pallor to sweep across Dennis's face. The older man could feel the temperature drop in the room as Aries continued with an air of casual indifference, "Don't act like it's such a big deal. I mean, I get it, you were drunk and out of your mind. No need to get all worked up about the details."

Dennis, grappling with a mixture of embarrassment and defensiveness, stammered out an explanation. "Don't say it so casually! For God's sake! I was drunk, and that... the details aren't important. I was drunk and out of my mind."

Aries, taking a thoughtful pause, raised an eyebrow as he considered the situation. He recalled the ongoing bets between him and Estella, a lighthearted game involving their mentors, akin to the wagers they had placed on Cinna and Poppy. Realizing that he was currently in the lead, Aries was determined not to lose 50 bucks to Estella if Dennis chose to remain reticent.

"Right," Aries retorted with a sly grin, "and a drunk mind is someone's mind with true intention. Just 'fess up, you baby. No need to be so melodramatic about it." Little did Aries know that this seemingly casual conversation would set off a chain of events that would reshape the dynamics between mentors and mentees, all while keeping Estella and him at the center of the unfolding drama.