22.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Iphigenia gracefully traversed the opulent halls, her head held high and an air of confidence enveloping her. Her attire, an audaciously striking ensemble boasting bold neon colors, seemed to scream for attention. The Capitol's eccentric taste dubbed her unconventional hairstyle, a peculiar updo, as the epitome of 'fashion.' Despite the outward appearance of poise, Iphigenia was, in truth, grappling with a silent undercurrent of panic that threatened to surface.

Maintaining a facade of calm, she paced down the hallway with deliberate steps, making her way toward the chamber where Estella was confined. Nervous glances betrayed her inner turmoil, with every Peacekeeper in proximity serving as a potential threat. Upon reaching Estella's room, Iphigenia unleashed a rapid flurry of knocks, somewhere between ten and twenty per second, before stepping back to compose herself and adjust her appearance. The door swung open, revealing a random maid who, with a single look, granted Iphigenia access before vacating the room.

Surveying the surroundings, Iphigenia sighed in relief as she confirmed the absence of prying eyes. Hastening towards a desk in search of a remote, her focus sharpened when Estella emerged from her dressing room. The maid had just assisted her in preparing for the next 'camera-ready' date with Peeta.

"Iphigenia? You seem scared," Estella observed, her voice carrying a soft concern as she detected the palpable anxiety radiating from her mentor.

"Scared? Oh no, my dear, far more than that. It's terrible," Iphigenia confessed, the weight of her distress evident in her words. Estella stood still, watching as Iphigenia located the remote and approached the hanging television. As the device flickered to life, an unexpected revelation unfolded before them.

"What—" Estella began, only to be interrupted by Iphigenia's somber tone, "You were right, dear. They've hacked the media, broadcasting Katniss and the—the..." Iphigenia didn't need to complete her sentence, for the broadcast itself laid bare the shocking events that had transpired.

The room, bathed in the glow of the televised spectacle, became a silent witness to the unfolding drama that would undoubtedly alter the course of their carefully orchestrated plans. Estella's expression shifted from confusion to comprehension, realizing the gravity of the situation as the broadcast revealed a narrative that threatened to shatter the delicate facade they had built.

The scene unfolded with devastating clarity as seven small bombers formed a menacing V-formation, honing in on their target—hospitals. Chaos erupted in the wake of the bombing, with children scrambling for safety, and people desperately trying to navigate the pandemonium. The ground became a grim canvas, adorned with the somber addition of more lifeless bodies. Estella, an unwitting spectator to this tragedy, watched the horrifying events unfold on the broadcast that reached every corner of Panem.