17.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

𝕀𝕟 the dimly lit room adorned with the muted glow of screens displaying various scenes from the Capitol, Dennis sat in silence, his eyes fixated on the footage playing before him. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for Aries White, the young victor whose spirit seemed to be weighed down by the aftermath of Estella's misguided belief in his demise.

A heavy sigh escaped Dennis' lips as he stole a moment to observe Aries, his mentor's heart sinking at the sight of the blue-eyed young man. The scars that marred Aries' face told a story of the brutal arena, where survival meant facing unimaginable horrors. Dennis couldn't shake the ache in his chest as he traced the lines of scars etched across Aries' eyes, a haunting testament to the price of victory.

His gaze shifted down, drawn to the burn marks that snaked their way from Aries' right arm to the side of his neck. Each mark carried the weight of a deadly dance in the arena, a macabre waltz where life and death twirled in a relentless embrace. Yet, despite the physical reminders of the past, Aries bore his battle scars with a certain stoic pride. Dennis knew that for many victors, these marks served as a painful reminder of the lives they had taken, the innocence extinguished within the Hunger Games' merciless arena.

Caught in his thoughts, Dennis was snapped back to reality by Aries' harsh tone, the young man clearly uncomfortable with the scrutiny. Shaking his head to clear the cobwebs, Dennis redirected his focus to the screens around them. The room was filled with the silent presence of fellow victors Beetee, and the higher up of District 13, alongside the prep team Haymitch and Effie. Joined by the iconic Mockingjay herself—Katniss Everdeen. The atmosphere in the room shifted as everyone tuned in to watch the recorded footage. Katniss, standing up from kneeling, held a flag while surrounded by people, a symbol of the brewing revolution.

A smirk played on Aries' lips as he watched, unable to contain his laughter at the awkwardness unfolding before them. The others exchanged knowing glances, acknowledging the universally agreed-upon truth that Katniss was not exactly a masterful actor. However, it was Aries who boldly broke the silence with his infectious laughter, unafraid to mock the supposed hero of the revolution.

The room buzzed with a mixture of amusement and tension as Aries' laughter echoed against the backdrop of the recorded scene. At that moment, the camaraderie among the victors became palpable, a shared understanding that even in the face of revolution, they were still bound by the scars of the past and the unspoken truths of their survival in the Capitol's deadly games.

"Can you believe this?" Aries muttered, his voice dripping with disbelief. "She's like a puppet, spewing whatever lines they feed her. This revolution is a farce."