"Best Friends" 👧🏾👧🏼

Reneé was trying to hurry up and get out of the shower. The rule was to not take longer than thirty minutes in the bathroom because there's eleven people in the house. Fantasia and Taraji took their showers earlier so she didn't have to worry about them. However, she didn't want the other girls to bitch and complain, so she tried to make it quick.

Reneé found peace in the shower. It's where she could be alone and shut out all the noise. Even though sometimes the voices in her head could be very loud. The music she plays while in the shower blocks those voices out though.

While in the shower, she had thought about the time she ran away from home when she was ten. She wanted to find her biological mother. Her dad said her mom left them when she was seven years old. But Reneé didnt believe that. She was the apple of her mother's eye. So why would she just abandon her overnight.

It was the spring of 2018 when ten year old Reneé hopped on a random city bus in Houston. She didn't know where she was going. She just wanted to find her mother in hopes that she could live with her again. Her father was always traveling on business and leaving her with her stepmother. Who Reneé absolutely hated and wanted to never see again!

The bus was full of rowdy high school kids of all races. One of the teenagers yelled out...."Hey! Little girl! What you doing on the bus by yourself?!"

"Boy, shut up! She's probably coming home from school like everybody else, dumbass!", a female student said to him.

"Shit, my bad! I thought the younger kids don't catch the city bus. When I was in elementary I caught the school bus", he stated.

Reneé just wanted him to be quiet! She didn't want the bus driver to get suspicious. But luckily the bus driver didn't give a damn about what was going on. It was his last route of the day and he was ready to get it over with and go home.

Reneé rode all the way to the last bus stop and got off. There was a park near by where kids were playing. While looking for her mom, a girl her age asked if she was lost.

"Why do you ask?", Reneé questioned nervously.

"Because you look lost, girl! And as you can see, ain't no other white kids out here but you", the little girl stated.

"I'm not lost. I'm um....just visiting family", Reneé replied.

"Yeah...sure you are...anyway, what's your name?", the little girl asked.

"Jane. What's yours?"

Reneé gave the girl her middle name since she was on the run!

"Coco. You want to play tag?", she asked.

"Yup! You're it!", Reneé said as she hit Coco and ran off.

"Hey! That's not fair! I wasn't ready!", Coco yelled as she chased after Renee.

The two ten year olds laughed and play for about two hours. Then, Reneé fell and hurt her knee.

"Owww!", she cried out.

"It's ok! Let me help you", Coco said.

Coco closed her eyes and placed her hand on Reneé's knee. "Be healed in the name of the Ascended Master, Jesus Christ", Coco prayed.

"Hey....it doesn't hurt anymore...how did you do that?!", Reneé asked.

"I said the magic words! My grandma taught me. She said me and my sisters are healers", Coco said proudly.

"I wish I had a sister. Or at least a best friend", Reneé said.

"I'll be your best friend!", Courtney volunteered.