𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟓

Klaus is holding Hope and sitting at the dining room table when Hayley comes in with a small notebook and pencils to write their wishes. She holds out the supplies for him to take.

"Here," says Hayley.

Klaus is so busy doting on Hope that he doesn't take his eyes off of her as he speaks to Hayley.

"I'm holding a small child, Hayley. This silly wish game will have to wait!"

Hayley smiles at him and says, "You write, I will hold her"

 "You do realize it is not I who is to be the husband you can boss around?"

Hayley smiles even wider and says, "You do realize that I had to endure horrendous labor and actual death birthing the child that you're holding?"

Klaus chuckles and Hayley takes Hope from him.

Hayley coos at Hope. When Klaus reads aloud what he has written on the paper, "I wish Hayley would tell Elijah you're marrying your werewolf suitor, at which point I will pour him a scotch and congratulate him on the bullet he dodged."

He rips off the page and hands it out to Hayley, who just glares at him, clearly not amused by his jokes. She snatches the paper from his hands and crumples it up in a ball before she tosses it on the ground and leaves the room. Klaus smirks, pleased with himself.

"Why are you always making her angry?" asks Akane who had seen the the whole thing from the corridor

"And what did I do now, love?" Klaus asks her with a cheeky smile.

Akane shakes her head in amusement, that a thousand-year-old hybrid can be so petty.

"How about you write your wish, my dear Camellia?" says Klaus with a smirk

"Camellia?" Akane asks tilting her head a little to the side in confusion

'Adorable' Klaus thinks to himself before answering, "Your hair," she touches her hair, "it reminds me of Camellia flowers I used as colors to paint."

"Thank you." she says with a sad smile on her face, "My mother used to love my hair a lot, I was scorned by witches my whole life for my hair, it reminded them, what kind of an abomination, I was." she sniffled after saying it.

"We are not abominations." Klaus says in a serious tone, "We were just different, the world hated us for something, we didn't choose, it hated us because we were stronger and deadlier. They hated us because they were afraid of us."

Klaus was now standing in front of her, looking into her, he saw the same pain in her eyes that he had faced all his life, it broke his heart to see her like this. He placed his hand on her head and stroked her hair. Akane was much shorter than Klaus, her head reached his shoulders. Klaus on a whim leaned down to plant a gentle kiss on Akane's head and left the room. Leaving a blushing Akane in the room.

Klaus was trying to think of a reason why, he did that all of a sudden, but he couldn't find one.

Akane quickly scribbles her wish on a piece of paper, and puts it in her pocket.

Elijah, Hayley, and Klaus are outside with Hope, where Klaus has just lit a match to light the bonfire

Elijah, Hayley, and Klaus are outside with Hope, where Klaus has just lit a match to light the bonfire. Rebekah and Akane rush outside to join them.

"Hey! Look what I found!", She holds up a Polaroid camera, and the boys groan.

"I wonder if it'll work?" Rebekah says herself, while Klaus sighs and curses under his breath

"Come on, let's try it! Hey, Nik, do you think you can cram us all into a selfie?"

"Oh, Niklaus is a virtuoso at cramming his siblings into confined spaces." retorts Elijah

"Well, I'm just glad I traveled hundreds of miles to visit my mentally ill brother, only to have him insult me to my face!" says Klaus

"My God! You guys are so dramatic!" Akane says while chuckling at them. Klaus looks at Akane with a soft smile, which doesn't go unnoticed by his siblings.

"Oh, come on! Just take the picture" says Rebekah

Klaus sighs and holds up the camera to take a picture of the five of them together. Everyone is smiling, Hope including, except for Klaus, who remains blank-faced. They all watch as the photo develops.

"Aw! See, I wish that it could be always like this!" says Rebekah

"If wishes were horses-" says Elijah

"-beggars would ride," said both Klaus and Akane together

Elijah looks at both of them in amusement.

"You realize we'll have to burn it. You want me to make a wish for the family, Rebekah? I wish it didn't have to be like this. But, it does." says Klaus while handing the photo to Hayley.

Hope takes the picture from her mother's hand, and holds onto it.

 "We can't risk it falling into the wrong hands," states Klaus remorsefully.

Hayley and Elijah look at each other, both visibly sad, and Hayley takes a good, long look at the photo before reluctantly throwing it into the bonfire.

"No! This isn't right. We deserve this. We've earned this." says Rebekah

All of a sudden Hope decides to say something that shocks everyone, "Bekah"

"Did she just say her first words?" asks Hayley with a big smile on her face.

"My name was her first word!" Rebekah says with a teary smile

"Mama," says Hope again while looking at Hayley, at hearing this Hayley had tears in her eyes too.

Hope turns to Akane and calls her something that gives everyone a big shock,

"Ma!" 

Akane is shocked at what Hope had called her, "This is Mama Hope" she says while pointing at Hayley.

Hope again looks at Hayley and says "Mama!" and then again turns to Akane and says "Ma!"

"She thinks that both of you are her mother," Rebekah says after seeing the interaction.

"I am so sorry! Hayley trust me I didn't know-" Akane rushes to explain 

"I have seen this happen a few times, this is nothing out of the ordinary for you to worry about" Rebekah explains 

"It is ok, since the day she was born, you have been protecting her, I didn't mind it Akane. You don't need to worry about it," says Hayley reassuring her

"I won't let it slip away. I know what to do to stop Esther." says Rebekah"

Rebekah, no--" Elijah tries to reprimand his sister

"I'm going to take her deal. And, when I do, I'm taking her down with me." said a determined Rebekah.