Chapter 3 呪 A Cursed First Day

Right now I stood in front of the gates of UA high school. The school I've dreamt of attending my entire life. And my first step to fulfilling my promise to my mother.

Nearing the classroom door, I noticed it was open, but had three persons blocking it, a tall bluenette, a short brunette, and a green bush of hair I recognized. They seemed to be talking about the entrance exam. It looks like Midoriya made it in, I'm glad.

"Hero," I tried, to no avail. The brunette was waving her arm and mimicking a punch, the green-haired male covering his now red face.

Afraid to interrupt the conversation, I awkwardly lingered behind the group, hoping for an opportunity to waltz past them secretly. Unfortunately, my attempts were futile.

"You guys! Can't you see your fellow classmate is trying to enter!?" The familiar bluenette with glasses spoke.

Midoriya turned around and widened his eyes in shock as he recognized me.

"Sorry-! Sorry Shi-chan! I didn't notice you!" Midoriya waved his hands frantically.

"Oh?" The brunette girl wondered, hands behind her back and head tilted to the side curiously. "Who're you?"

But before I could reply, another voice cut in.

"If you're here to socialise, then get out."

Stiffly turning around, the three students turned their heads to where the fourth voice had come, finding a tired face popping out of a yellow sleeping bag. The face took out a juice pouch and slurped its contents. "This is... The Hero Course."

Everyone was silent, watching as the yellow caterpillar stood up and a black haired man came out from it.

I could only help but wonder if I really took the right gps route to UA high as I looked at the... Creature?

"It took eight seconds for you to quiet down. Time is a precious resource. You lot aren't very rational, are you?"

The man had long black hair, half-lidded pitch black eyes, noticeable bags under them, and stubble on his face, he wore a big grey scarf around his neck– that looked more like a bandage to me–, long-sleeved black shirt, a belt with a few gadgets and black pants. It looked kinda baggy on him.

I eyed the man up and down, coming to a conclusion in my head. This must be a UA from 'Temu' or something!

"I'm your homeroom teacher, Aizawa Shota. Pleased to meet you." The ebony man introduced himself, voice monotone.

'Homeroom teacher?!' Some students in the class mumbled questioningly.

'Schools accept people like that to teach?' I thought sceptically, eyeing the man's deteriorated build.

"Quickly now," The hobo man searched for something inside his sleeping bag, taking out a gym uniform. "Change into your gym clothes and head out to the grounds,"

"A QUIRK ASSESSMENT TEST?!" The whole class exclaimed, now out in the giant field that is the U.A. PE Grounds. Glancing around, I noticed Bakugo was also in this call, honestly I'm not sure if its a good thing I'm in his class, but I'm grateful that the 2 other people from my highschool made it in. I'm sure everyone else has very few friends from the same school.

"What about the entrance ceremony?! Or guidance sessions?" A short brunette asked worriedly.

"If you want to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events," Aizawa said, in a tone I knew too well, bored. "U.A. is known for its "freestyle" educational system. That applies to us teachers as well."