Chapter 7 呪 A Cursed Summoning

The class looked back at the approaching villains, still in disbelief. This can't be real. Villains infiltrating the USJ, surrounding us students with clear malicious intent? My muscles tensed up, ready to summon my Cursed Spirits if needed.

"Thirteen, get them outta here and alert the main campus," Aizawa-sensei stepped forward, yellow goggles glinting. His capture weapon unfurled menacingly. "Actually, if they've got the ability to block our sensors, then they might be jamming our regular communications too. Kaminari, try using your quirk to contact the school."

Kaminari nodded and sparked his Quirk to life, fingers cracking with electricity as he attempted sending out a signal.

Midoriya suddenly stepped up beside our teacher, green eyes wide with concern. "What are you doing? You can't fight them on your own!" He protested anxiously.

Another student joined the fray. "Mr. Aizawa, this is suicide!" He argued heatedly. "There's too many of them. Let us help you out!"

I understood their desire to assist, but stepping into this fray seemed beyond risky. These villains exuded bloodlust - they would slaughter without hesitation.

"Even if you can nullify their Quirks, your fighting style isn't suited for this!" Midoriya pressed on urgently. "Your power works best in stealth and one-on-one fights. That won't help against a whole group!"

Aizawa glanced back, irritation plain beneath those goggles. "You can't be a pro if you only have one trick," he stated bluntly before turning back towards the looming threat. "I'll leave the students to you, Thirteen!"

Without another word, Eraserhead leapt into action, capture weapon lashing out. As soon as he landed, his fierce assaults began dropping foes left and right, kicking and wrapping villains up with brutal efficiency. Shocked murmurs rippled through us students.

"What the...? He's taking them out like it's nothing!" Kirishima exclaimed, jagged teeth bared in an incredulous grin.

"Woah, he's totally holding them off!" Midoriya breathed out. "I guess I shouldn't have underestimated him!"

"Don't jinx it, Hero." I wanted to warn. But another voice interrupted sharply.

"This is not the time for analysis!" Iida called authoritatively, chopping the air. "We must escape!"

I stepped over and gripped Midoriya's shoulder firmly. "He's got this for now," I said evenly. "Let's regroup with the others first."

Reluctantly, Midoriya nodded and joined me heading back towards Thirteen just as a menacing portal swirled open before us, blocking any retreat. An ebony mist spewed out, coalescing into a lanky villain whose hands gripped an ashen face. Glowing yellow eyes studied us hungrily.

"There is no escape for you!" he rasped, sending prickles of unease through me. "It's a pleasure to meet you. We are the League of Villains. I apologise for the intrusion, but we decided to invite ourselves inside to end All Might's reign." His words oozed mocked cordiality.

Explosive pops sounded out as Bakugo clenched his fists. "The hell you freaks want with All Might?" he bit out sharply.

"You planned this attack assuming All Might would be here," I stated calmly. While my face betrayed nothing, dread swirled sickeningly in my gut. If the villains knew our itinerary, that implied a traitor lurking amongst the faculty. A mole waiting to strike again once we lowered our guard.

The misty villain's glowing eyes glanced my way. "Ah, you're a clever one, aren't you? Yes, All Might was meant to perish here today." His scratchy voice dropped with grim promise. "No matter - I still have a role to play in your demise."