Chapter 4 呪 A Cursed Training Battle

The morning droned on at a molasses pace. U.A. High's prestigious hero course mandated regular academic classes like English, taught by the boisterous Present Mic.

"Everybody, heads up! Let's get this party started!" his animated voice boomed through the classroom.

After that came the coveted Hero Basic Training lessons in the afternoons. Rumours fluttered amongst my classmates that today's instructor would be none other than the legendary 'Symbol of Peace' himself, All Might. Anticipation hung thick in the air, our minds racing with possibilities. What awe-inspiring training did the icon have in store for us?

The metallic slide of the classroom door grabbed my attention. There he was, imposing physique filling the entire doorway.

"I AM..." his voice thundered before a dramatic pause, all eyes fixed upon his massive frame. "COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!"

Excitement rippled through the class. The number one hero himself would be teaching us directly!

"It's All Might!" Kaminari cried out, electric-blonde hair seeming to stand even taller.

"Wow, he really is a teacher!" Kirishima added enthusiastically, red spikes glinting.

"That's a costume from the Silver Age, isn't it?" Asui noted observantly, a webbed hand on her chin.

I looked at the giant man bewildered, despite it not showing on my face, I was currently going through all levels of shock. This was All Might himself in the flesh after all!

"I will be teaching Hero Basic Training," All Might announced, barrel chest swelling with pride. "It is a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero. You'll take the most units of this subject! Let's get right into it!"

He suddenly curled in on himself before bursting forth, a sign flourishing in his grip that read 'Combat' in bold letters.

"Combat Training!" his voice rumbled. "And to go with that are these!"

The front wall began sliding away, revealing rows of numbered cases inside - our custom costumes crafted based on the Quirk details and design requests submitted pre-enrollment. Excitement simmered within me, though I kept my face neutral. My grandmother had handled all that paperwork, so I hadn't seen my outfit yet.

"After you change, gather in Ground Beta!" All Might instructed.

"Yes sir!" We responded in unison.

I took my briefcase marked 21 and headed to the changing rooms with the others. Soon we emerged outfitted in full regalia, making our way through the tunnel onto the training grounds.

"They say the clothes make the man, young men and ladies," All Might's voice reverberated as we stepped outside. "Be fully aware! From now on, you are heroes!"

I glanced down at my costume - a dark cyan jacket layered over the standard uniform with bold red straps binding it together. A bit gaudier than my tastes, but it did look pretty cool. I noticed a few classmates sizing me up before returning to their conversations.

 I noticed a few classmates sizing me up before returning to their conversations