Bribery

I looked at the first guy chosen with a wrinkled nose, "How do I even do this?"

My wrist was red from where I'd begin to rub it out of my nervousness. But at the same time I felt determined to do this. Before Oakley my life had been boring, well not boring but she definitely brought a new kind of spark to it.

Since I'd met her I'd done some crazy things I'd never thought I'd do... including standing up to my family and eventually leaving.

She was tapping her phone, unaware of my inner struggle. I watched as she pulled up the video camera and then looked at me, her sea blue eyes narrowing in the glare of the sun, "What? Aw, come on Sang, you know how to.." she must have seen my expression because she gave a big sigh and put her hand on her hip, "Okay, here's the deal, I'll kiss the first guy, but then you have to kiss the other nine, okay?"

I sucked in a breath and nodded, knowing that this was probably one of her more tame dares. She handed me the camera, with instructions to keep videoing until she ran away, and to just press pause, not stop. I finally got her to go when I started teasing that she was just stalling. She gave me a playful glare before making sure that the waterproof case was indeed on tight.

Now, I leaned against one of the few trees and watched her on the phone screen as she approached a boy with a warm grin and a ripped band t-shirt, he had dark hair that was cut so that the front could be spiked up stylishly. As Oakley approached, she acted like she was throwing something away, and then turned around, coming face to face with this nameless stranger.

I thought for sure in that second she would back out, but I should have known better, Oakley never backs down from a dare. She leaned up on her tippy toes and held his face in place as she placed a kiss on his lips, as she was going to back away, the guy broke out of his shock and grabbed her by her waist, pulling her in again and he kissed her back for a few seconds before she broke free. She was grinning as she giggled at him and ran off, towards me. I pressed pause and our eyes met.

We both let out a girlish scream as the guy called out for her, and then we were both running, giggling like crazy. We slowed down when we got back to where our towels were, and then Oakley spun around to look at me, hand out, palm up.

"Gimme! I want to see," her eyes were wide and happy, almost like she couldn't believe what had just happened either.

I pushed her phone towards her, and she pressed play, watching as she did what was arguably one of the most stupidest things ever. I laughed out loud at the fact that not only was I going to do it, but I was going to do it nine times. Oakley was grinning ear to ear.

"Yep, definitely going to be epic," she said, sliding her phone into the cup of her bathing suit, "lets go find your first victim, and see how you do on your first boy," with that she slipped her arm in mine and I rolled my eyes at her, secretly wondering if it would go as well as hers had.

We walked all the way over to the thrill rides, but before we could stand in the line, Oakley grabbed my arm, pulling me to a stop. I grunted and rubbed the sore spot, giving her a little glare.

"Oaks, that hurt," I said, still rubbing the spot tenderly.

She grinned and jumped a little, eyes not on me, or my wound, "But Sang, look, look. I found your first man," she said, "and he's a hot one, you should totally thank me for this dare."

I looked up at her and then followed her line of sight, turning around to see a really old guy with a beer belly and hardly any teeth. I nearly peed my pants, I looked back at Oakley.

"No, what? That's... just no," I said, shaking my head, a little upset that she would mess with me like that.

Oakley laughed, "no goofball, that boy," She said, and pointed to a guy with black hair and glasses. I couldn't see the eyes from so far away, but I did see the muscle, and the warm smile that he had as he leaned against a tree, waiting by the bathrooms, probably for a friend or something.