Texts&Owl Babies

"Hello?" I said softly, cringing at my own voice.

There was a pause and then Silas was speaking, "Sorry, if this is a bad time to call. My fingers are big, and my English is still not the best, so I make a lot of mistakes and it takes a while to fix them. So I like to call," he explained himself.

I sat back against the couch, and pulled a throw pillow into my lap, unsure what to say, but not wanting to say nothing at all, "That's okay," I said, distracting myself with the little tassels on the corners of the pillow.

"Sang," he said and then paused before continuing, "Aggele. If you want us to leave you alone, we will. We all just wanted to get to know you- and not in a weirdo way because you kissed us all," he gave a nervous chuckle.

I shifted until I was laying on the couch, with my legs draped over the armrest, "no, it's okay, I just. I really didn't know you all knew each other, and I wanted you all to know that it wasn't my intention to.. target your group of friends."

There was a chuckle on the other other side, and it made me relax.

"We didn't think you were.. but I admit, none of them minded," He said, making me smile.

A ping sounded in my ear and I pulled the phone away to see a text waiting from Kota, I bit my lip and put Silas on speaker phone, while navigating over to the messages.

"I was pretty worried at first, Oakley had to talk me into it," I admitted, reading the message from Kota.

Kota: Victor told me about what happened in the parking lot.. are you alright?

"Oakley? Is this the girl who was using her phone to video it?"

I bit my lip, "Mhmm."

I was getting distracted by two conversations going at one time, and gave a frustrated growl.

Me: I'm better now.

Silas laughed again, "I have to go Aggele, but we will speak again, yes?"

I smiled at the little nickname, not understanding how a stranger could make me feel so happy with such a little thing, "Yeah, I think I'd like that."

"Good... have a goodnight," he said.

The line went dead and I looked at the incoming message from Kota.

Kota: That's not what I asked.

Kota: But I'm glad you're doing better, I'll talk to you later, I have to go.

Kota: Have a good night

I pushed my hand through my hair before dropping the phone onto my stomach. Oakley chose this moment to walk back into the living room. She smiled warmly at me before plopping down onto the couch and making me put in the next movie.

We basically sat there the rest of the night, and were completely lazy. She fell asleep, and instead of waking her up, I grabbed a blanket and put it over her, before finding a flashlight from one of the drawers in the kitchen. I slipped on a pair of boots, that while didn't exactly go with what I was wearing, would be perfect for taking a stroll in the woods behind the house.

I bit down on my lower lip. The sun was just starting to set, and dad should be home any time now. He, and mom both know that I occasionally go out to the woods for a walk. Their only demand of it is that I always keep the house in sight, or if I don't, that I stay on the paths.

I flicked on the flashlight as soon as I started into the woods. It got dark pretty fast once I was under the cover of the trees. I walked for a little bit, before coming to a fork in the path. I took the right one, wanting to stay closer to home until I knew most of the paths close by before venturing out.