Mission Accomplished

We finally came to a stop at a wal-mart that happened to be located right next to a chinese place. Inside Oakley ran off instantly, and I made my way over to the self care section of the store. I had a cart, because knowing Oakley she'd try to get all sorts of things, and I'd have to remind her that we brought one backpack, and that's the limit of what we'd be able to carry.

The store wasn't too busy, for it being this early in the morning and I found the feminine hygiene section pretty easily. After finding what I needed, and then grabbing some Midol as well, I strolled off in search of Oakley. She stood in the book aisle, staring down the titles until she found something that looked interesting, and then picked it up, before slowly putting it back down and putting her hands on her hips.

She mumbled something too low for me to hear, having not seen me approach yet. I figured I'd wait a few seconds. The process happened two more times before she suddenly turned around, and faltered in her steps when she saw me on the verge of laughter.

I schooled my face and raised an eyebrow at her, "You good?"

She nodded, smoothing her hand over her shirt and flipping her brown braid over  her shoulder before flashing me a dimpled grin, "Yes, totally fine."

I nodded and steered the cart a few aisles down towards the movies and video games, "Okay, so one movie picked out from each of us, or two movies if you find them both in the five dollar bin," I said, raising an eyebrow, silently asking her opinion of the idea.

She rubbed her hands together and nodded, "Sounds good to me," she said as she strolled off towards the rows of new movies.

I on the other hand, turned and started the tedious task of finding a good movie in the bin labeled five dollars. It was a hard task, let me inform you. Especially when some kid starts flinging movies all over the place, getting their discards into the section you've been digging it. Not to mention when it's a little too full, and movies try to fill the hole you're digging like sand on a beach.

But every now and then you come upon a good title, and it's a total win. Ten minutes into digging and I still had nothing to show for it. Someone else started digging on the other side of the bin, and I gave a little sigh as she started to unknowingly ruin any progress I might have started to make on the bin.

I walked back over to Oakley, and spotted two movies in her hand. One that I had been wanting to see pretty badly, and one that she had wanted to see. She didn't say anything, but put them in the cart and nodded for us to go.

The lady at the bin gave a frustrated sigh, and I wondered just how long she'd be there before giving up.

"Sang!" Oakley called, capturing my attention. I ran to catch up with her, and she gave me a warm look, "so I finished that video, you know, all the fine tuning and editing. It's pretty awesome."

I bit my lip, "You did?" I asked, and then quickly went on, "You didn't post it on any social media thing, did you?"

Oakley looked over at me before focusing on where she was steering the cart, "No I didn't, I would never do that to you, Sang, besides. I sort of like your standpoint- I think I'll stay off the social medias as well. It takes up too much time, and I think there's way better things to be doing. It's just not for us," she pushed the cart into a check out line, "You know?"

I nodded, knowing exactly what she meant. There was just too much stuff we did already to spend time on social medias. We'd much rather do things hands on and face to face. I was quiet while Oakley smiled at the older gentleman who rang us up and bagged our few purchases. She paid and then we walked out of the store, putting our bags into the backpack, and getting on our bikes for the short ride to the chinese place.