It's Not Nice To Stare

The dresses fit like they were made for us, and we each found some jewel adorned black heels to go with the dresses. After which, we made our way over to the food court. For malls being some what out of style, this one was pretty packed, though there were still a few tables left open.

Oakley had our dresses in a bag that hung on her arm, and her other arm was looped into mine, "So, Sang, where do you want to eat? Or, well," she looked around at our choices, "What would you like to eat, I should ask."

I gave a quick scan of the room, and while I was hungry, and not very picky, the pizza place made my mouth water. Oakley saw where I was looking, and without words we made our way over to stand in the short line of people. It wasn't long before we ordered, and soon enough we were taking our three boxes of pizza back to a table. I knew that we probably wouldn't finish them off... at least in one sitting, but we were both starving, and were having a hard time choosing which kinds to get, so we got three.

I set the boxes on the table and Oakley set the bag filled with our purchases on one of the extra chairs, then we both took our seats and opened the boxes until we found the kind that we wanted to start on.

"So," I said as I finished off my third slice and looked at the boxes, deciding on which would be my fourth, "what do you want to do tomorrow?"

Oakley chewed on her bite as she looked away in thought, she waited until she had swallowed before looking at me, "I think that maybe we could go to the movies tomorrow, or something. No matter what it is, Mom and Dad are doing their weekly date night thing.... so we'd be alone in the house if that's where we want to be?"

I wiped my hands on my napkin, and brushed my hair over my shoulder so that it wouldn't fall into my pizza, "I think an early movie would be pretty cool, and then we could make some dinner at home and just sort of hang out?"

Oakley nodded, looking happy at the thought, "Cool, I'll look up movie times and theatres when we get home, then we can decide together what to see, and where."

I smiled and took another bite. We both became lost to our own thoughts, and while it was silence, it wasn't uncomfortable. My phone buzzed, and I pulled it out to check the screen.

Silas: Aggele you look stunning

I bit down on my lip, trying to work out how Silas knew how I looked. Before I could really ponder it, the seat next to me pulled out, and a table was pushed up against ours, with a few more chairs being pulled out. Silas, Kota, and Nathan were all taking their seats next to us.

It took me a second to process that they were here, and when my mind caught up to reality, I was finally able to notice a guy with them that I had yet to meet. He had tanned skin, brown hair, and ... I looked closer trying to blink and maybe change what seemed to be true. His eyes were purple, not a deep glowing purple but a light lavender purple. I frowned, and didn't notice I was staring until Nathan was snapping his fingers in front of my face, laughing.

"It's not nice to stare, Sang."

I blushed and looked down at my napkin, now this new guy was going to think I was some kind of weirdo. I blew out a breath and looked over to Oakley, realizing that technically these guys had all just crashed our little mall trip, and then I wondered silently how they had stumbled upon us.

Oakley just smiled and gave a slight shrug, she was sitting between the new guy, and Kota, while Silas and Nathan sat on either side of me.

"Oakley, Sang, this is our friend Asher, if you can't tell by the bag, he's sort of a nerdy photographer," Nathan said with a grin.

The boy, Asher, gave Nathan a slight glare, "It's not nerdy, it's an art form," he said. His voice was deep but soft at the same time, he had a nice southern accent but not a super thick one. He had a really professional looking camera bag slung over his body.

I was looking at them all for a moment more before I realized how nice they had all dressed to be simply going to the mall. They were all wearing some sort of casual yet dressy shirt, Silas wore a short sleeve navy blue shirt with a really expensive looking jacket over top. Nathan and Kota both wore button downs and Asher was wearing a button down as well, but his had a tie that some how made it look stylish and sophisticated while not making you feel like he was going anywhere special.

"Nice to meet you," Oakley said, putting her hand out for Asher to shake. Her warm voice made me realize that I had yet to say anything to break any of the awkward air that I alone had created.

Asher shook her hand with a warm grin, "The pleasure is all mine," he said, and then before I knew it was happening he was shaking my hand as well.

He seemed pleasant enough, and if he was friends with the guys I don't think he could be too much trouble, at least, I hope he wasn't. I had started to think of the guys as friends, and it would be really sad to lose the only friends I've made so far because they turned out to be bad people.

I shook off the fear with a slight roll of the eyes and sat back in my chair, letting myself relax.