Chapter 53- Reunion

"Naga!"

With a joyful tail wag, Naga swiftly dashed toward the courtyard. As Pepper gracefully landed, a group of ring-tailed flying lemurs alighted on a nearby rooftop. Korra, dismounted from Pepper, utilizing airbending to land with a confident smile. Naga, responding to Korra's presence, joyfully lifted her off the ground, initiating a round of affectionate licks and playful circling behind her.

Korra embraced Naga's head. "I missed you so much, girl!"

Meelo and Ikki sprinted past Korra and Naga, Meelo exclaiming, "Mom! Dad! We're back! And we brought Korra! And General Iroh!"

Meelo and Ikki rushed up to Tenzin and Pema as they entered the courtyard. Tenzin praised, "Well done, kids!" He hugged Ikki, and Pema embraced Meelo. "I'm proud of you all for finding Korra."

Meelo looked at his father with anticipation, playfully raising one eyebrow. "Proud enough to get me my tats?"

Turning away from Meelo, Tenzin responded flatly, "No."

Pema stifled a laugh with her hand as Tenzin walked over to Korra, offering her a warm hug. "Welcome home."

"I missed you, Tenzin," Korra smiled as they embraced.

"Now where's my baby girl?"

Jinora hopped off Pepper. "I'm right here, Dad."

"I meant Fara."

Fara grinned, playfully shoving Jinora aside. "Move, bitch." She embraced her father in a tight hug. "I've missed you."

Tenzin frowned, resting his chin sadly on Fara's head. "I've missed you too."

Jinora rolled her eyes, glancing over at Iroh. "Can you believe this?"

Iroh shrugged. "She has that effect on people."

Jinora huffed while walking over to greet her mother.

As they separated, Opal approached from behind, and Tenzin spoke more seriously. "Now, I hate to get right down to business, but I want to hear what happened in Zaofu."

The happiness evaporated, and an awkward silence hung over the group, punctuated only by Bum-Ju's twittering.

Bumi finally broke the silence, his tone a mix of seriousness and sarcasm. "Way to ruin the moment."

"Kuvira's whole army was there. She captured Mom, Dad, and my brothers," Opal revealed.

Iroh added, "I attempted to intervene, bringing my men with me. Yet, Kuvira threatened everyone, forcing me to withdraw my forces and enter Zaofu alone."

Dejected, Korra expressed, "I thought I was strong enough to stop her. I feel like such a failure."

Tenzin comforted her with a reassuring smile. "No one expected you to handle Kuvira on your own. It's up to all of us to find a way to deal with her. We're just glad to have you back."

"Where's Bolin?" Bumi's question echoed in Fara's thoughts. "He's not still on Kuvira's side, is he?"

Opal, a tinge of hurt in her voice, responded, "I can't believe he would stay with her after what she did to my family. But we don't know where he is."

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

As everyone began to depart, Korra prepared to meet Asami and Mako. Meanwhile, Fara chose to savor a few moments with Iroh, her fiancé she hadn't seen in months.

Fara arranged a makeshift picnic with homemade delights tailored to Iroh's taste. With a beaming smile, she approached Iroh, presenting a container filled with his favorite dish. "I thought you could use a taste of home. It's been too long."