XV- party

"Okay, here we are!" Stella said excitedly, tugging on (Y/n)'s hand and leading her down the street over to her friend's house. A house (Y/n) would have described as a manor considering its sheer size, its well trimmed garden and its high regal gates.

Some black and pink balloons had been tied to trees inside of the property and on the portal, along with bow garlands hanging here and there paired with fairy lights. All Stella's work for sure.

"Wow." (Y/n) said in awe, looking up at the big illuminated windows and overall height of the house.

Stella chuckled at her friend.

"Right? Amber's parents are filthy rich, they work in public affairs, or whatever they like to call it." Stella said with a smile, "Anyways! Let's join the party! I can't wait to see what she thinks of the decorations!"

(Y/n)'s lips curved into a smile as she followed her friend through the gates, Stella's excitement rubbing off on her and working to dissipate some of (Y/n)'s nervousness.

She hadn't been to this kind of party since what had happened with Simon, and she never thought she'd one day be stepping foot in one of those ever again.

Yet here she was, willingly following Stella in what might be her own version of hell on Earth.

Not that (Y/n) hated parties, she used to love them and was never one to miss out on her and her friends' weekly Friday night. But things had changed when she had started associating parties with Simon.

Ever since then, parties had lost their appeal, tainted by her memories of that night.

Truth be told, (Y/n) didn't really know what compelled her to accept Stella's invitation. Maybe it was because she needed a change of pace, or because she wanted to try and get a taste of her old self.

Of the old (Y/n) who didn't live in fear and anxiety.

"You okay?" Stella turned to her, gazing at her friend in concern. She had probably noticed (Y/n)'s discomfort somehow, like she often did.

"Yes!" (Y/n) nodded, putting on a smile and giving a reassuring squeeze to her friend's hand, "I'm fine, sorry. Was just thinking about something."

"Okay, feel free to leave any time if you don't feel good, though. I'll be staying until the end to clean." Stella said with a sympathetic smile, before leading the both of them inside the house.

Amber's house was packed with students, their chatter mixing with the music that played from speakers on both sides of the living room. And with the dim lighting, (Y/n) wondered how anyone could find anyone through the maze of people dancing, chatting and making out.

A shudder ran through her as she caught sight of a couple groping each other in a dark corner, their mouths roaming up and down each other's throat.

You're okay, She had to remind herself, shaking off the tight tension in her muscles.

She'd probably be fine after a few glasses.

"I'm going to try and find Amber real quick and see if my friends need me for whatever around the party." Stella shouted through the noise to make herself heard, "I'll be back!"

(Y/n) didn't know if this was a good idea, but she didn't really feel like going up to this Amber girl like the two of them had known each other for years when (Y/n) had literally just invaded her birthday party as a complete stranger.

So she nodded at Stella to leave her. She said she'd be back anyways, so (Y/n) just had to wait until then.