XLIV- girl code

A/N: 

Hey guys! Before proceeding, know that this chapter contains violence, so be careful if that's something you're easily triggered by <3 Then, thank you all so much for reading up until this chapter! Broken Wings is almost done and it means a lot to see that so many of you have stuck with the wild ride that is this story! There's still 2-3 chapters to go and then I'll upload the endings <3 

You're fucking crazy. A voice remarked in the back of Esme's mind as she stood in front of Adam's house. And this voice was right. For who in their right mind would show up to the house of the same guy who had strangled you? Not anyone with a good sense of self preservation.

Esme nervously nibbled at her nail, tapping her foot against the floor as she stared at the door. Once she knocked, there'd be no going back.

She didn't even know why she was here in the first place, it's not like she had any proof of Adam having done something to (Y/n), and it's not like she had a reason for saving her either. It's not like (Y/n) and her were friends, quite the opposite in fact.

But Esme wouldn't be able to look at herself in a mirror if she discovered that Adam had indeed done something to (Y/n) and she hadn't done anything about it. Who knows, maybe this was also a way for Esme to try and make amends for how horrible she had been with (Y/n).

Fuck. Still, things would have been much easier if (Y/n) had believed her when she'd warned her about Adam being a goddamn psychopath.

There was no changing the past though, and as much as part of Esme wanted to blame (Y/n) for this whole mess, she knew this wasn't her fault. Yeah, (Y/n) hadn't listened to her, but then again Esme had been a bitch to her, and it's not like (Y/n) was responsible for Adam's actions either.

With a sigh, Esme took a step forward, knocking on the smooth surface of the door. She stood there a few minutes, all too aware of her heart drumming in her chest and her blood rushing in her ears.

No one came to open the door for her.

No one was home. Well, not anyone who was free to open at least.

But a door wasn't going to stop Esme. Not when she knew exactly where Adam usually hid his spare keys. She bent down and dove her hand in one of the flower pots next to the door, rummaging through the dirt until her fingers eventually touched a smooth cold surface.

Bingo.

Esme exhaled a shaky breath, and twisted the key in the lock. 

(Y/n) stretched in her room, using the windowsill as a barre. It had been a few days since Adam and Aaron had freed her from her binds and she was having the time of her life moving her body around. Well, 'the time of her life' was pushing it too far. She was still trapped in a bedroom after all, as spacious as said bedroom might be.