ENDING III- JULIAN

(Y/n) strained her ear for any sign of Aaron, waiting for him with bated breaths. She didn't know what time it was, just that it was quite late into the night and that Aaron should be showing up to her room for their escape any minute now.

Just as expected, she made out the muffled sound of familiar footsteps on the carpeted floor outside of her room, and soon, the sound of a key twisting in the lock.

She exhaled shakily, standing up to greet Aaron. She couldn't wait to get out of here, the sooner the better.

Aaron's lips curved in a quiet smile at the sight of her, ready to follow him. Still, he didn't forget the fact (Y/n) had every interest in running away from him as well. So he lost no time in closing the distance between them with quick strides.

"It's time. Adam's fast asleep." He said, taking (Y/n)'s hand and tugging her towards the exit. "We can do this."

(Y/n) didn't know whether these last words were directed at reassuring her or himself, still, she was thankful for the encouragement. She would need it to escape her second captor once out of this house.

Aaron led her into the silent darkness of the house, and (Y/n) had never realised just how big of a home it was, probably because the only times she had stepped out of her room had been for escape attempts.

Still, she wasn't going to stick around to discover the other rooms of the house. The moon outside was calling for her, and (Y/n) was all too willing to answer its call.

By the time they made it to the front door, (Y/n) couldn't believe this moment had really come, that she was really getting out of this hellhole after so many failed attempts at escaping her captors. She would have never believed that one of them would eventually become her way out. Then again, the universe had a perverse way of toying with her.

Aaron opened the door, the fresh night air gracing (Y/n)'s flushed cheeks as she stepped outside for the first time in what had felt like an eternity.

(Y/n) stopped in her tracks, tilting her head back and letting a quiet tear roll down her cheek. She had forgotten how sweet the night air tasted, how gentle the wind felt on her skin. How beautiful the starlit sky looked above her head. But as much as she wanted to take the time to admire the world before her, she knew she didn't have time for that.

Aaron tugged on her hand, eyes squinted analytically as he observed her.

"We need to leave. There's no telling when Adam could wake up." He said, not too willing to stay around for too long or giving (Y/n) too much time to escape from him as well.

Unfortunately for Aaron, (Y/n) had no intent on following him anywhere.

"(Y/n)-"

(Y/n) didn't know what she was doing, driven by pure adrenaline as she pushed Aaron with her shoulder and kicked him in the shin, doing whatever she could to free herself from his grasp. Until finally, Aaron's grip on her loosened and he let go of her, keeling over from the pain of a strong punch she had delivered to his stomach.

She didn't wait around for him to straighten and hold her back though. (Y/n) took off running down the street, barely aware of the houses flashing in her vision or the distant voice of Aaron.

"You can't run from me, (Y/n)! No matter where you go, I'll find you."

(Y/n) didn't know where she was going, just that she was running as far away from her captors as possible, turning corners and getting lost in this maze of a neighbourhood.

A chuckle escaped her throat, tears of relief rolling down her cheeks as the wind carried her forward.

She was finally free.