XVIII- change

A smile curved (Y/n)'s lips as she stepped outside, the crisp autumn air blowing past her and carrying the scent of her favourite morning beverage.

She'd been missing ballet classes for three days now. Which was bad in terms of ballet etiquette, and (Y/n) dreaded the moment she'd meet her teacher's disapproving gaze.

On the bright side of things though, (Y/n) had managed to call her psychiatrist and get an appointment with her very quickly. Mrs. Clarks, bless this woman, had been patient with (Y/n) and had listened to her sniffling and crying all throughout their phone call, reassuring her that she was okay and that apparently feeling like you were seeing your aggressor everywhere was normal for some victims.

"It felt so real..." (Y/n) said.

"Yes, this kind of hallucination can feel that way. But they are not. You're safe, (Y/n). Simon can't reach you anymore, and as sad as it sounds he's probably forgotten all about you. Now it's your turn to try and move on from this trauma and do what you can to live a life that is yours."

Honestly (Y/n) didn't know if she'd ever be able to move on from what he had done to her. In this moment it was hard to picture the day she'd stop dreaming about him or feeling his hands all over her. But she wanted to try, and if a few pills prescribed by Mrs. Clarks could help her relieve her stress, then she'd take as many as necessary.

Which is why she really needed to swing by the pharmacy after her ballet lessons and rehearsals with Adam. She also had to think of a way to thank Stella and Julian for bearing with her, not only when she was drunk at the party, but also during her three days of hibernation.

Stella had been kind enough to knock on her bedroom door every once in a while, to check if she was okay. And Julian had gone out of his way to make sure she ate and drank enough water. Things (Y/n) honestly couldn't be thankful enough for.

But in the meantime, she was going to treat herself to her favourite morning drink and go back to doing what she loved most; dancing.

"(Y/n)?" A familiar voice called to her, and (Y/n) certainly hadn't expected to see Aaron standing in front of her favourite coffee shop, nervously balancing his weight from one foot to the other.

He flashed her a friendly albeit socially awkward smile. (Y/n) thought it cute. She never expected for Aaron to one day smile at her so innocently and without any hint of sass.

A curious smile graced her own lips as she walked over to him.

"Aaron, wasn't expecting to see you here." She said, "Do you come often, or?"

"I-I'm just waiting for Esme, she likes coming here every once in a while." Aaron replied, all too quick to be earnest. But this didn't seem to bother (Y/n) and she just let his blatant lie pass. Whether it was because she didn't care or because she hadn't caught up on it, Aaron didn't know.

Truth was, he had never stepped foot in this coffee shop, hell he didn't know if Esme even knew of the place either. But he had caught (Y/n) entering the studio with one of their beverages in hands a fair amount of times and thought she might like the place.

He was happy to see he had been right. And to know that his thirty minutes waiting alone outside in the cold hadn't been for naught. Of course he didn't mind waiting for (Y/n), not at all, but he was honestly starting to freeze.

"Oh, okay!" (Y/n) said with the same warm smile that made Aaron's heart thud loudly in his chest. "Well I'll be going inside then, but see you at the studio."

"Wait!" He said, hand shooting to her grab the sleeve of her coat before she could turn around and desert him. "I'm going inside as well. I was just about to before I saw you. Esme sent me a text telling me she's not coming after all."