XLII- father and son

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck-

(Y/n) frantically eyed the door behind Edgar, all too aware of Aaron and Adam's voices downstairs as the two of them stepped into the house. (Y/n) knew she had no time to lose, every second mattered. If she wanted a chance at an escape, she had to get out now.

Her eyes met Edgar's, his features frozen with a mix of fear and shock as he stared at her. And in any other situation, (Y/n) would have sympathised with him, learning that your son had been sequestering someone in your house wasn't an easy pill to swallow. But right this moment she couldn't give him time to recover from his discovery.

"Untie me." She said, trying to keep her voice low and steady in spite of the adrenaline thrumming through her veins. "Please, they'll be here soon. I need to leave."

(Y/n) honestly didn't know where she found it in herself to be so calm, hell, Edgar seemed more panicked than she was. But she had to take matters into her own hands, she couldn't let this chance at escape flee from her grasp.

She swallowed thickly, vaguely hearing Adam and Aaron putting away their shoes and ballet bags. Any minute now, they'd be climbing the stairs to see her.

"Please. They'll be here any moment now and I can't stay here." (Y/n) said, but she knew it was too late. Aaron and Adam were already halfway through the stairs and a few feet away from the door.

Without a word, Edgar hurried over to (Y/n)'s side, hastily trying to untie her left wrist. But there was only so much he could do with shaking fingers.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Edgar said, voice thick with a mix of bundled up tears and shame.

But his apologies did nothing to get (Y/n) out of her binds faster, and before he could even finish untying her left wrist Adam and Aaron had finished climbing the stairs and were now standing in front of the door.

A frustrated cry fell from (Y/n)'s lips.

A hot ball of tears swelled in her throat as yet another chance at an escape was mercilessly taken from her. The universe had a sadistic way of toying with her feelings, permanently swinging her between hope and despair. For even if she managed to get herself out of her binds now, she wouldn't be able to make it very far with the two of them blocking her path. She could try the window, but she was certain Adam had locked it.

(Y/n) was utterly and terribly fucked.

Dread rolled down her spine as she met Adam's eyes who now stood behind his father, towering a good head over the older man. Only then did it strike (Y/n) that Edgar's safety was on the line too, as, judging by his reaction to her captivity, it was safe to assume that Edgar hadn't known about his son's plans. Not only that, but it was clear from the looks of it that he had tried to help her escape.

(Y/n)'s eyes met Aaron's, his eyes dark with a dangerous mix of anger and heartbreak. On the other hand, Adam's features remained unreadable. Yes, Aaron and Adam had definitely understood what Edgar had been about to do.

(Y/n)'s heart sunk in her chest, images of Simon's blood spilling all over flashing through her mind.

Adam had killed Simon. But, surely, he wouldn't go so far as to kill his own father, right? No, (Y/n) refused to think about this. Surely there had to be a limit to how much of a psycho Adam was.

"Dad?" Adam called with a strained smile, his voice lacking its usual cheerfulness and eyes missing their usual sparkle. "You're back early. How did that Paris thing go?"

Edgar didn't answer, staring at his son with wide fear filled eyes and his mouth agape. He knew he had to say something though, to do something. He couldn't just let Adam think this was anywhere near okay. So Edgar shook his head and gathered all the anger he could muster amongst his horror and confusion.