chapter 4 - jeongin

I close my eyes, feeling as if the day won't get better at this point. I'm too exhausted and depressed to keep thinking about it any longer, so I decide to try to fall asleep and forget everything that happened. I dont think about what could happen tomorrow or how I'll manage to get through the day without seeing Hyunjin. I just lay back and try to put my mind at ease.

I wake up as I hear the door creaking and open my eyes. I don't say anything and just listen, faced away from my door. My eyes widen, but I try to stay still. I still don't know who this could be. The memories from before I fell asleep come back. Oh god, please don't let it be Hyunjin. The person seems to knock on the doorframe even though the door is half open already. I can see the light shining through the door on the wall before me.

I am brave. I decide to reply but with a still sleepy voice. "Yes?" My body tenses in anticipation of who will enter.

After a little bit of silence after my reply, I  hear someone start to speak slowly and gently. "Can i come in?"

Who'll this be? "Yes," I reply simply and sit up in my bed.

After a couple of seconds, you hear the door open and I see someone walk into your room. It's none other than Jeongin. I recall him as being one of the youngest members. He seems quite nervous. "Hi. I heard that you had a fight with Hyunjin earlier, and i wanted to check on you and see if you're doing okay."

"Don't tell me this is another one of these stupid jokes. Get out already! I know you hate me, and you don't have to rub it in my face." I shoot him a cold glare, and my expression changes to an angry one. I check my phone to see the time.

Jeongin seems to be a little taken aback by your immediate outburst of anger. "I'm serious. im not here to insult you. It'ss just that-"

He pauses for a few seconds.

"Why would you check on me?" I still say it in a sharp, cold tone but with a hint of curiosity as to why he would come to insult me at such a late hour. "You were never nice to me."

Jeongin raises an eyebrow at the way you still seem to expect him to insult you. He can't deny the fact that he often ignores you and never gives you a proper chance to talk to him. So he wants to change that all of a sudden? As if I'd belive that.

"I know I wasn't nice before, but i still wanted to..."

He hesitates to continue.

"You want to pull a Changbin on me, right? You just want to comfort me for a brief moment to hurt me even more." I sigh heavily, thinking of the previous hurting tightens my chest.

Jeongin is surprised. He can tell that my previous experience has made me a little wary of trusting other people, and as a result, I'm quick to assume their intentions if they do something that seems nice to me.

"I swear i dont have any hidden intentions. i just wanted to-"

He makes a small gesture with his hands, attempting to signify that he wants to make things better with me.

I squint my eyes trying to determine if he's honest or not. I noticed his nervousness and his surprise. I experience anxiety and fear building up in me, still I decide to trust one last time. "This is the last time I'm trusting one of you guys. You better be for real Yang Jeongin."

Jeongin smiles a little at my threat to never trust another member again. He seems like he can't help but find it a little funny because he's actually being genuine in his attempts to become closer to me and improve our previous relationship.

"I understand. im really only here to make sure that you're okay. do you mind if i sit down next to you?"

"Urgh, go ahead, fox man." I say in an exhausted but funny tone of voice. I tap the place beside me on my bed and smile just a tiny bit.