Chapter 7-

[pr/n: Hi, some adult's language is present. You were warned. Nothing catastrophic but like mild 'HOW DARE YOU' vibe. :D]

"Come on, Ruth! One, two, three, and four!"

I stretched my arms widely and Ruth followed after me, stretching his arms out widely as well.

"Five, six, seven, and eight!"

At my command, we moved our bodies in sync.

These days, Ruth and I have been doing exercises every morning.

I started implementing it to help Ruth develop his stamina and to take care of his health since he had been neglected for so long. It turned out much better than I imagined.

I felt as if I've become more productive ever since I started exercising in the morning.

The maids were delighted and watched us from a distance.

Once they discovered that we have been exercising in the training hall every morning, they started to come visit one by one. Now the amount of visitors has considerably increased.

"Madam is such a blessing."

"Indeed, she is the castle's saving grace. Thanks to the Madam, the Duke is also getting healthier."

I'm still a little embarrassed by that title though.

After we finished with our exercises, with an embarrassed face, I pointed towards the field.

"Okay, Ruth. Now go and run."

"Yes!" Ruth nodded his head and started running.

Whenever Ruth ran, there would be dust everywhere.

It was a rare sight to see for a high-ranking noble family.

Most wealthy nobles would use special stones that had been casted with magic instead of soil in the training hall. That wasn't possible here.

I had to manage the training hall as well as many other places that required money for upkeep.

'I also need to get a sword instructor for Ruth.'

Our Ruth is a sword prodigy.

He's a genius but....

The problem right now, was that there was no one in the castle who could teach Ruth.

There were a few people to consider that had good swordsmanship skills, but it would be a struggle to correct bad postures and habits learned incorrectly down the line.

I wanted to find the perfect teacher for Ruth from the beginning.

'There were a few people whom I've been considering.'

Ruth ran around and then stopped in front of me.

He doesn't even lose his breath anymore so his stamina has definitely improved.

"Good job, Ruth!"

I hugged Ruth and patted his head while complimenting him at the same time. As I did so, Ruth embraced me back.

"Now, go and run one more lap."

"Yes, Noona!"

He answered me obediently, but Ruth kept turning around and glancing my way as he ran.

"Oh, Ruth! You have to face forward! You'll fall if you don't!"

"Okay!"

Then...5 seconds later, he turned his head again.

In the end, I just kept laughing.

Ruth's physical strength was growing steadily.

* * *