Clear skies

Eraser finds a group of injured civilians unfortunately this is going to delay his getting back to the station so he asks Mic to check on the kid. "Hey, Mic can you check on the kid?" He asks over comms.

"Yeah, Eraser I'll go do that right now the blizzards died down significantly so there haven't been many updates." It always feels a bit strange using each other's code names but it can't be avoided while they're on duty. There's silence over comms for a while, and Eraser starts to get worried, but Mic breaks the silence just as he's about to ask if something's wrong.

"Shinso found her having a panic attack and used his quirk to calm her down, kids name is Ren. No last name and a shadow manipulation quirk that he doesn't know the full extent of though that certainly tracks with how you found her." Eraser takes a moment to process everything before responding.

 "Good on Shinso for getting past the fear of his quirk and helping her, where is she now?" There's another long silence before Mic makes an audible aww sound.

"They're cuddling check your phone when you get a chance, it's one of the most adorable things ever." Mic was thrilled but whispering so he wouldn't wake the children. Eraser checks the time once he's done leading this group of people to the shelter he can go back to the station and if he has a bit more emotion than usual nobody comments.

"Hey, I'm back," Shota calls out as he finishes changing into civilian clothes he walks over to the doorway to a conference room Yamada is lingering in. What he hadn't expected was to see Shinso talking, and not only that but he was saying more than one or two words at a time. It seems like he is doing an excellent job with Ren

"What's going on?" Shota asks quietly so only Yamada hears him.

"They woke up and Ren started having another panic attack luckily Shinso managed to distract and calm her, though the little listener is very traumatized she won't accept any food or anything and somehow isn't even flinching despite the fact her injuries are enough to put all our little listeners and even some pros out of commission it's frankly concerning." Yamada chews his lip a moment before adding something.

"It feels like she and Shinso just fit perfectly as siblings... I know we said no little kids but I'm attached I know you are too Sho and top that all off we can't let her go into the system it would only make things worse." Yamada says in a pleading tone, and Shota knows he's right.

Ren glances up and sees Shota huddling closer to Shinso she speaks in a hushed voice. "Whose he?" Shinso smiles reassuringly at her.

"That's my other dad, well sort of they're fostering me but I really hope they adopt me." Ren nods but still looks nervous.

"O-okay mm what's this word?" Ren asks pointing to a word on the page of the kids' book Shinso had given her. Shinso smiles and then sounds it out with her.

"Fan-tas-tic, fantastic means something very good or fancy." Ren mouths the words as she reads them. When she goes to flip the page she accidentally gives herself a paper cut. Ren freezes up as the memory of desperately grabbing at a photo flashes through her head and she loses control of her quirk. 

"Dad, Papa one of you!" Shinso shouts when the shadows start twisting around before they stop he looks up and sees Aizawa using his quirk though Ren is still a mental mess he sees the small cut on her finger, is that what triggered her? Shinso contemplates as Aizawa and Hizashi walk over to Ren, Ren flinches away when Hizashi reaches out so he pauses not wanting to make matters worse, though she's picking at her scabs and they need her to stop.

"Heya little listener we need you to take a deep breath okay?" Hizashi does his best to calm her down. Hizashi tentatively reaches out again and while Ren does start hyperventilating she doesn't yank away. He carefully holds her hands so she won't reopen any more wounds than she already has.