Someone take me home

Ren feels a dull ache in her leg as she wakes up and finds that she can't move it well she can but it makes her feel like she's getting stabbed by her dad's quirk all over again. The next thing she notices is that she's in a bed, when had that happened? The last thing she remembers is falling asleep on the man who smiles like mom She looks around the room it's plain and there's a constant beeping that she realizes is coming from something connected to her somehow. Ren is very confused about where she is.

"Easy there. You're safe and in the hospital, you wouldn't wake up so we brought you here." A strangely comforting monotone voice tells her and a surprisingly gentle hand pushes her back down then Ren lets herself melt into the bed. The tired-looking man was super nice to her so she could listen to what he said she decided. 

"Why's my leg hurt so much?" Ren questions quietly it's a fairly normal feeling that leg is always a bit off but it's not normally this bad so she's curious if he knows what's up with it and why it can't move around.

"The nerves are damaged you've been subconsciously using your quirk to move around on that leg for years now but when you felt safe you just collapsed." Shota is worried about the kid she's too damn calm after the panic attacks before, it may seem like progress but in truth, it's the opposite she's shutting them out.

"You know it's alright to show what you're feeling I won't judge. Also if it's alright with you I would like to adopt you since otherwise I'm legally required to turn you over to a parent." Ren's eyes fill with terror at that prospect.

"P-please adopt me don't make me go back!" Hizashi comes back into the room just in time to walk over to the bed and gently grab her hands.

"Don't worry lil listener nobody is making you go back. Hey, it's alright, breathe with me." She mimics the guy who smiles like Mama, taking huge breaths, does he have breathing troubles? Why does he want her to breathe like him? She quickly loses all traces of the panic brewing only moments prior it concerns the two pro heroes that she can so easily change between the two it means no warning before she explodes when frightened and it's odd she seems just not to care.

"Hey, kiddo you in there?" Hizashi gently taps Ren's shoulder, the kid spaced out entirely, and shakes her head a bit before looking at him.

"Hm?" Ren looks over what's he gonna say? Though her attention is immediately grabbed by Hitoshi walking in she grins.

"Freind! Can we read some more?" Hitoshi looks at his dads when she asks the question he wants to know if they have told her about adopting her yet, Dad gives a small nod and Hitoshi smiles.

"Sure! But why don't we wait until we're home?" Ren happily agrees, the apartment only has two bedrooms so Hitoshi and Ren would be sharing a room but they don't mind. Hitoshi has massive insomnia and Ren seems only capable of sleep when someone is in contact with her. When Ren had panic attacks a quick smile and hugs calm her down. Hizashi looks at his kids Ren had scooted over on the bed and Hitoshi is next to her playing with the controls making the bed sit up and then lean back. Normally he'd scold someone playing with the bed controls but it's harmless and Ren looks happy so he and Shota just watch their kids interact.

"Well, the doctors say that we can take you home when you feel ready kiddo we just have to grab some crutches for you." Ren looks happy and confused but she just nods regardless of her confusion. What she knows for sure is that new dads are much better than old Dad and that Hitoshi is awesome. They get her released from the hospital Ren gets a piggyback from Hitoshi because she doesn't have crutches yet and her right leg can't move. The muscles spasm whenever she gets jostled and she buries her head in Hitoshis shoulder.

"You alright little listener? Those spasms can't be fun." Ren shakes her head lifting her head and he sees the tears in her eyes threatening to spill over.