Chapter 124 - Monday Morning Blues

Dannique

He gave me chocolates!

Since he didn't know if I had any special dietary requirements, there's one vegan chocolate, one for diabetics and one general garden variety type. When I tried to give back the vegan and diabetic ones, he assured me that the student council is up to their ears in chocolates of all kinds and has enough to reward good kids for the next few months and to stuff their faces during meetings. He said I should just keep them since they're pretty good.

Apparently, he and his friends taste-tested the special varieties because they didn't want to give the vegans and diabetic students boring stuff. That's actually rather sweet.

I hate sweet!

Not chocolates; I love chocolates, and these all have a note attached with an encouraging quote to cheer the students on for the upcoming exams. So corny! I catch myself grinning while I read the notes. I think the cheeky bastard chose these specific ones for me... and added some notes of his own in pen.

He is so full of shit!

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." – Mark Twain. Have some chocolate instead. All the best for the exams!

"It is wise to direct your anger towards problems, not people; to focus your energies on answers - not excuses." – William Arthur Ward. Focus on the chocolates, and have a great exam!

"Don't waste your time in anger, regrets, worries and grudges; life is too short to be unhappy." – Roy T. Bennett. Rather, spend your time eating chocolate and studying for the exam. You can do it!

I am going to kill him!

I pop the cards I'd removed from the chocolates into random places in my accounting textbook and shove the book away from me with disgust. I have half a mind to drag the chocolates from my schoolbag where I'd stashed them when I came into my homeroom and... eat them all in anger... just to spite him.

What was I thinking, saying yes to this stupid date he asked me on? I've sworn never to date again, and this Irish dude with his friggin' accent and mischievous blue eyes gives me one slightly crooked smile, and I go and throw all my plans overboard and agree to go on a date with him.

I don't want to date! I don't want a boyfriend!

I want to play the field and mess with hearts and just... uhm... I don't know what I want to do. Nothing really. Yes, listing what I don't want to do is a lot easier. I don't want to fall in love. I don't want to lose my heart again and get it broken. I don't want to spend hours watching my phone for messages and calls that never come. I don't want to get all breathless and happy whenever I hear a specific guy's voice and feel depressed and alone when he is not around.

Mr Irish has all the magic of a friggin' Leprechaun, dragging me in against my will, promising that all of those things are bound to happen.

How can anyone with a pulse resist the bastard?!

He has the looks, the build, the voice and the smooth-talking talent of a.. a male siren... He has such fine muscles... It felt pretty good lying in his arms like that. I was surprised by how easily he caught me when I felt my balance failing and just shouted to let him know I was on my way down to him. I really thought we were going to end up in a painful heap on the ground, but he caught me!

The idiot really thought I did that on purpose! Like, I would just trust some random arsehole with a twinkle in his eye to that extent! He is tripping!

I don't like him! I don't like him at all!