2

Nesta

Accompanied by my mother, i enter the party, heading straight for my family.

The ballroom of my house is huge and the place where we hold these parties; 13th floor in one of the most known buildings in Meridian city,Monarch, a building that screams royalty from the outside.

If you have ever been to the Versailles in France, you'd think Monarch was a taller recreation.

My family owned this masterpiece.

The ballroom was gorgeous. Ivory tall walls with golden embroidery and huge radius windows that were as tall as the wall, covered with beige drapery curtains. The ceiling was covered with "The Apotheosis of Hercules" and a big crystal chandelier.

It looked like those ballrooms from fairy tales.

Lottie runs to me with a smile on her face and her blue eyes sparkling. Since the dress code was white, she was wearing a velvet halter mini white dress with a bow in the back. Charlotte was a copy of our mother. Oliver had our mother's features but our father's structure.

Cole was a copy of our father, in every way, like me, except i had our mother's eyes.

"Nes, you look like a princess." my sister compliments me with her bright smile that could light up a whole city.

I pinch her cheek and hug her as i know that she loves hugs. My sister is the complete opposite of me in every way possible.

"Where's Cole, darling?" my mother asks Charlotte, looking around

"I don't know." Charlotte lifts her shoulders "Haven't seen him for an hour."

"God help me!" My mother sighs

If he's nowhere inside the house, but he said he would attend this party, there's only one other place he could be in.

"Excuse me." i slip away from my sister's arms and climb the stairs to the top floor.

I take the key that i hid in a pot and head for the end of the hallway

At the end of the hallway, i reach for the bookshelf and sneak my hand between two books, finding the doorknob and the key hole and insert my key, twisting the doorknob , making the bookshelf back away and reveal our secret entrance to the terrace.

I close the bookshelf behind me and climb the stairs that lead to the terrace.

So many stairs, for fucks sake.

Finally i finish climbing the stairs and arrive to the terrace.

The terrace isn't used by anyone except Cole and me.

Oliver has no interest, Charlotte is afraid of heights and our parents are too busy to care.

It's quite a shame, actually. It's very gorgeous.

It doesn't match the royalty aesthetic of the building but it's very cozy

It has a little garden with white peonies, a round pool and even some comfortable rocking chairs which are my favorite when i just want to sit and read my books.