9

Nesta
Carefully, very carefully, i sneak to a group of rooms.

My heels click on the tile.

This mansion has serious gothic vibes. Black doors, grey walls, katana's on the walls...

There is a hint of Japanese, Italian and Russian culture everywhere.

in the end of the hallway, i can see a bookshelf filled with books from Fyodor Dostoevsky: some in Russian and some in English.

My favorite.

However, in this part of the manor, there aren't a lot of rooms; 3 to be precise

The room that has a tower. That's his. Jett once mentioned that her brother got the best room that had a tower.

I'm so glad sometimes that Jett has a broken TMI.

I payed great attention of the building when i was outside so, the tower was on the left of this wing of the manor

However, to my bad luck, in the left i have two rooms.

Both locked.

Thankfully, living with Cole teaches you a few tricks, not only how to not smell like cigarette in front of your mom.

Picking locks was something we loved doing when there was a treasure hunt in the city. Those were some of the moments i loved with Cole and....my cousin.

My heart clenches at the memory of my cousin,Rion.

I swallow, fighting my tears at the memories

Every time i see Emiliana, i remember Rion's face. And every time she sees herself in the mirror she remembers her older brother, making her miss him even more and put her in even more self destruction.

And who am i to judge her? Im the one who drowns in Vodka every time i think of that night.

The accident...

I wipe my tears with the back of my hand,swallowing the lump in my throat and regaining my composure.

Now it's not the time.

I take from my leather leg garter a safety pin and take a hair pin from my hair.

Suddey, i hear footsteps and voices.

"Make sure there's no people in the hallways David.Banks will kill us if  another of the kids goes missing" i hear one of the guards say.

I need to choose which door. Quick!

I go to the right door, following my intuition and get on my knees near the door, now on eye level with the lock and insert the hair pin on the bottom of the lock hole,the bottom of the cylinder, to keep the stability. Next i open the safety pin and insert it near the hair pin and play with the pin tumblers, trying to get them out of my way and at the same time inserting the hair pin deeper in the cylinder

In total there are five pin tumblers but the third one is always the trickiest.

1 down..