3

Mads

"Please, i don't want to go without you. I'll have nothing to do" Octavia says for the 5th time.

Unfortunately, the puppy eyes always work.

I close my sketching book and sigh "Only this time, though. You know how much i hate...."

"Everyone except me?" The little brat grins

I chuckle and mess her hair "No" she whines "Now Alex will keep me another two hours on a chair."

She fixes her hair and i smile lightly. Octavia is the only person that i've ever felt connected.

I'd burn the world for my cousin, if necessary. A simple party is no big deal.

"Cmon, we need to get ready" she says getting up and pulling my hand to get up

I sigh and get up, taking my sketch book and pencils, and press down my suit, smoothing it out.

I'll need to change it anyway but i hate when things are out of order.

And thanks to my cousins, my peace is ruined. And thanks to Thatcher, who's begging for me to stab his eyes out, every fucking time i see him.

I hate people. They are too noisy. They make the room feel so small that it suffocated me.

I can't stand anyone except this little pirate. And unfortunately, i had to learn to stand her brothers too.

"Do we need to go?" i say

"As much as my father loves to disrespect people by not going, Jacob Thatcher's support is needed. His son has shit on Ivar that can send him to prison. And the only person his son is wary of, him."

I didn't know that. Fuck Ivar, what the hell did he do now?

I sigh and ask "What does Cole have on him?"

"Two videos of him on Devil's night pulling "pranks". That dumbass"

"So uncle Damon has to keep a good relation with Thatcher, that why you all will go, right?" Uncle Damon trying to be nice with someone outside the family.... Yes, i can never imagine it.

But unless he wants Ivar to keep the legacy in his prison cell....

"Fine, i'm coming to that party."

And in the meantime, maybe find something to get Ivar out of this trouble.

I don't really care. But i don't like to see Octavia worried

——

I fix my tie straight in front of the mirror, and press my black suit until there isn't a single wrinkle left.

The birds chirp outside, the sound coming from the opened bathroom window and their sounds along with the leaves moving because of a rare wind are pure melody

My hair, which since i decided to stop cutting them off at the top have grown quite, enough for me to tie them.

I make sure not a single hair is out of line, but a stubborn hair is making me lose my patience.

These are my bad feelings.

When something doesn't go the way i want or i don't get what i want.

I drives me bunkers

Doors around the house...

Opening..

Closing..

Footsteps...

I bring my hands to my ears, and rub them,blocking out the sounds

"Need some help?" I hear my mother's voice at the door and i immediately drop my hands and look at the mirror.

My mother was at the door, with a radiant smile on her face, the smile she has every time she sees me and Jett.

She dressed up in an off-shoulder white floor length dress and i loved when my mother dressed up. It was pretty. Something i loved since i was a child.

I exhale the breath i'd been holding and nod.

I hear the click of my mother's heels and before i know, she's standing in front of me, taking my comb and reaching my hair.

She takes a bit of styling gel and with a concentrated face, smooths the stubborn hair with her hand and combs it, the hair finally obeying.

I release a quiet exhale, finally that bad feeling going away.

She smiles "There you go!"

"Thanks mom." i say and her eyes light up like i've just given her the world.

I look at the mirror again and take a deep breath.

Lets do this

—————————————————————

Heyy lovies

Sorry that this chapter was short but ill try make it up with the next chapter

Love you (BTW would you guys want some more scenes of the DN characters?)