8

Nesta

It takes everything in me to not freeze the moment our eyes meet.

My heart stops for a moment,only to return stronger than ever.

I gulp a bit but don't drop my mask as every sound turns into a blur until my cousin pinches my arm lightly

"Nesta" i hear Emiliana's voice as i snap out of the trance, and turn my head to my cousin.

Her face has a frown on, her brown curls a bit neater, her chocolate eyes a bit confused.

"You okay girl?" she whispers

I swallow and nod "I'm okay."

This dress feels tighter for some reason and i give my everything for my mask not to fall.

"Oh yeah, you've met my oldest daughter. Nesta!" my mother says to Senator Mori, calling me.

I approach and shake hands with the senator.

Jesus, she is breathtaking up close. This woman screams beauty, power and brains.

Jett smiles excitedly, behind her brother, mouthing something

——

There's really high end security here. The top floors of the house are raided by guards in every fucking corner.

And this guy i'm dancing with won't let go. He smiles, his brown eyes shining brightly, his blonde hair perfectly cut. Yet the false polite mask is quite noticeable

His hand is traveling to my lower back and i'm this close to breaking it.

"I'm sorry, can we stop dancing?" i say, smiling apologetically

"Why?" he frowns

"I just feel a bit tired that's all." i say as polite as possible

"It will look bad" he says "Just hang on for a bit more."

I am tempted to hit him right in the nose right now.

And his hand travels lower on my back, touching the top of my ass.

It makes me sick.

One of the reasons why i never had sex was because i know they want nothing more than my body.

I admit that i have a good body. But in my life, that only resulted as a curse.

Brutal diets because of figure skating, creepy stares since i hit puberty. It made my skin crawl. I hit puberty at 10 but had started developing younger. That earned me creepy stares from men as old as 50 and until last year, i had never worn anything that wasn't baggy because only then i felt comfortable in my own skin.

No 11 year old should get catcalled. Of course, Cole and Oliver were with me and beat the guy up, stripping him naked in the middle of the road to make an example.

But it still felt uncomfortable. And the body shaming from my skating teacher was brutal. I almost became anorexic. It was one of the reasons i quit skating but i still miss being on ice.

His hand creeps lower and i feel like i want to jump out of my own skim

"May i have the honor?" i hear a familiar cold voice behind me, a voice that should haunt me in my nightmares, yet became my salvation.

Fear flashes for a moment in the guys eyes as he chuckles nervously, dropping his hands and saying "Sure man. All yours." And then he walks away.

Madden's overbearing presence is on my back and i sigh in relief. He saved me from making a scene but let's hope that this won't turn into a bigger scene.