𝟎𝟎𝟏. mistakes and marks

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess
[ 001 ]   mistakes and marks

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess[ 001 ]   mistakes and marks

june, 1977 !

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄; 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃, 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 was turning with tiny slips of reconnaissance, and soon, she realised her head was pounding from a inadequate hangover. The streak of luminesce in a big golden fog burned right through her eyelids, rotting her irises. Seemingly out of nowhere, she could hear heartbeat in her ears.

Feeling the ugly tickle of her hair sticking to the sweat on her forehead, she started to move her hand to jerk away those strands of pink hair. Through the tremendous ache that made her brain feel hazy, she suddenly realised a strong arm was tightly wrapped around her waist, clinging onto her and a face was buried in the crook of her neck — instantly, she was left wondering what on earth she was up to last night to end up with a boy in her bed.

Then, secondly, she realised, this was not her bed. 

Her chest rose and fell in a rapid manner as she slowly moved her head to the side, and a head full of coal-black hair came into her vision. Astoria Ambrose felt the entire world shifting the moment she laid eyes on him. 

Astoria jolted away from his touch, jerking his arm away so harshly, he was awakened from his deep sleep with a startle. For a moment, he peeled his eyes open and glanced at her through the slits of his eyelids, treating her as a mere daze of a dream — only, until he realised this was anything but a dream.

In fact, it could not be a dream at all, Regulus Black sleeping with Astoria Ambrose would be an amplification of the most terror-filled nightmares.

"What are you doing in my bed," was the first thing that sprung from his stupid, swollen rosy lips when he figured out her identity, "why are you in my shirt, why—"

"Black, if you don't shut up in the next two seconds, I'll knock out your teeth," she sternly intimidates, and Black shuts up instantly knowing that she would. Ambrose did not hand out empty threats. "Let me think."

She got out of the bed in such haste, almost treating him as though he was suffering through a contagious disease. She was heaving through regret and annoyance, how could she let this happen? Regulus Black, out of all people.