𝟎𝟎𝟔. crushes and cigarettes

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess
[ 006 ] crushes and cigarettes

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess[ 006 ] crushes and cigarettes

october, 1977 !

"𝐒𝐋𝐔𝐓!" 𝐀 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐉𝐔𝐌𝐏 as she walked down the valley of the tables in the Great Hall. Some Slytherin girl was scowling in her direction, making their judgement clear by the way they glanced up and down her figure. 

Astoria was the epitome of a prickly attitude which stabbed itself through the wandering eyes of students. Her hair smelt of cigarettes and cold air, and as she moved past the littering people, they all seemed to stop to judge, or grimace.

"How original, Miller." She drawls, pretending to yawn. That comment did not strike pleasantly with the aforementioned Slytherin's blonde friend.

"Fucked anyone recently?" She spoke in a high-pitched tone.

"Only your dad." The smirk on her face whilst she said those words only enraged the girls to a point they did not retort, and Astoria approved of the silence from those pair of snakes.

She took a long sip of her drink as she sat besides Francis and started their usual conversation which consisted of teenage gossip, plots to rain misery, and matchmaking schemes. 

Astoria was rambling about Regulus again, "Do you reckon I could be friends with the Marauders?" She asked Francis who looked sleepy, eyelids barely hung open, "perhaps I can pay them to pull a prank, cut Regulus Black's hair off or something... perhaps we can sell those stupid curls for a hundred galleons, perhaps— you, you're not listening!"

"Astoria, dear, 'tis eight in the morning," he dramatically slammed her head down onto the table. 

Astoria shook the boy violently. "Are you okay, did you just turn into a zombie— what is going on?"

Francis pulled himself up after emitting a few more annoyed groans, "alright, alright, Merlin, woman! You're going to give me a seizure," he laughed, brushing the girl's concerned grasp off him.

"You know," Astoria said, fiddling with the breakfast on her plate, "I've decided I'll set you up this year."

"No."

"Ravenclaw Steven Campbell, I shagged him last year and he's definitely not into girls," Astoria shares the unwanted information, watching Francis starting to dread this already, "what do you think about seventh year Remus Lupin?"

Curiously, Francis turned over his shoulder to find the lanky boy within an infamous group of Marauders, and he looked as dreadful due to Potter and Black laughing loudly in his ears just as Francis felt due to Astoria's match-making scheme, "not my type," he turns back around.