𝟎𝟎𝟐. summers and drunken solidarity

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess
[ 002 ]   summers and drunken solidarity 

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess[ 002 ]   summers and drunken solidarity 

june, 1977
three days ago!

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄, 𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐑. They had just spent hours after hours practicing, not allowing the Gryffindors to use the pitch the entire day which caused James Potter to burn in fury. 

"Brilliant practice, wouldn't you agree?" Evan asked with a bright smile, he had the tendency to make wild hand gestures in the air whilst he spoke. Slytherin's Chasers were the House' biggest prides — nobody played as exquisitely the way Astoria Ambrose, Evan Rosier and Everest Chasseur did. The three of them were determined to win this year.

"It would be better if your seeker was not glaring at me as though he could murder me right there," Astoria retorted, shooting him a sickly sweet smile. "The guy's got a stick up his arse."

Evan quirked a brow, "You've got to ignore Regulus — he has been a little broody lately but he will get over it once we win him the House cup."

Astoria found herself smiling at how utterly confident Evan Rosier always was. Despite being a very popular aristocrat, he seemed to know exactly how to have fun in his teenage years. No clue nor care in the world, of course, that improper behaviour changes the second he steps out of Hogwarts. 

It was quite enjoyable spending time with the boy who possessed some of the most interesting stories known to mankind which he would wildly share with her almost every other week. Other times, the pair would spend hours talking about Quidditch strategies and how to beat Gryffindor in the most humiliating way possible.

Perhaps, that is why Regulus Black despised her relentlessly — he was jealous about the endless hours Evan would spend with Astoria. The thought made her grin, and she missed the way Evan's lips tugged genuinely into a bright smile at the sight of delight littering her expression.

Astoria still remembers the day she made the team vividly, it was one of the most joyous days. Evan Rosier was a year older than her, and the boy has been Captain ever since his fourth year which was quite an accomplishment. 

Rosier called for Quidditch try-outs before Summer 75's (which was three years ago), a time Astoria fell intensely ill and could not participate. 13-year-old Astoria was relentlessly upset about not being able to take part.