𝟎𝟎𝟑. damsels and distress

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess
[ 003 ]   damsels and distress

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess[ 003 ]   damsels and distress

september, 1977 !

𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐔𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐓.

Astoria Ambrose was a curse hovering over him; shooting down flares of frostbite at every second of the day. He could not, for the love of Merlin, get her infuriating soul and her stupid pink hair out of his mind. 

After being roped into a crazy plot of remorse he never experienced before because of that freak, his life was crumbling apart. Regulus Black did not like to feel or think; both of which came naturally to him in a shining silver platter. Only one person to blame for his misadventures and a guilt-ridden heart whenever he would face his parents back at that dusty old manor. One exasperating Muggle-born. One stupid mistake. 

Holidays' happiness for Regulus Black were malnourished and starved. His brother had been acting out again about having to attend family galas and balls; their father is always mad. 

"You alright, mate?" Evan asked, snapping Regulus out of his haze. "Earth to Regulus, hello?" Regulus had his forehead pressed against the glass window of the Hogwarts Express as the scenery flew by, watching the lush, mossy hills and towering mountains of Scotland pass with unusual observance. 

"What's wrong with him now?" Barty asked, ignoring obnoxious mumbling coming from the Carrows who sat in the same compartment of the train. 

Regulus slouched back into his seat, his face now dropping the second he avoided that daze ringing in his head and heart Evan's voice. Poor Evan, what has Regulus done?"

Evan Rosier is his best mate. He had always been the only one who could handle all the moods that Regulus couldn't sequester those first few weeks after being around his irritating family. Young Rosier hardly understood what was happening to me and yet... yet he was there.

"Don't you have prefect duty to attend?" Regulus asked bitterly, that was always a way he dealt with situations. Bury feelings and wrong actions underneath the weight of tragic sourness and hope for it to vanish, "it's your last year here, might as well take academics and roles seriously before having to attend the wrath of your dynasties."

"Regulus' right; you're a Rosier heir." One of the Carrows said; Regulus did not bother to decipher who spoke.

"Blah, blah, fucking blah is all I'm hearing," Evan rolled his eyes, "I don't bloody care about any of this. I got what I wanted."